1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

K10D after 6 months

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by HelenEdith, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Vormulac

Vormulac Active Member

I just tried your suggestion spinno, and although the lights weren't on in my office so I got a dark picture, the output in all four modes was identical (I guess the last time I used 'P' mode I had it set to a small aperture or quick shutter or something). Setting the dial to 'Green' though produced a picture that very accurately reflected the real light conditions in the office and turned my boss' cluttered desk into a lovely demonstration of depth-of-field ;)
    I guess that answers that question; the camera is fine, it's the meat component behind the viewfinder that needs replacing! :D

2. Vormulac

Vormulac Active Member

*ahem*

Actually, when looking at the properties for the photos I took it would appear that the exposure compensation was set to -3.0, which would account for them being a little dark.
    What a dumbarse. :eek:

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Won't be first time I've thought "What the @*&$&£*%@ hell is wrong with this heap of garbage!!!" only to discover I've left some setting on an unusual value...

Too many knobs, buttons and dials on these digiboxes... and I've been at this game nearly 30 years....... :D