1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

K-3 II

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

- improved AF

- Even more powerful shake reduction

- pixel-shift technology to give you superhighrez pictures with truer colour reproduction if you can bolt it down and let it take 4 pictures of a static object

- GPS which would be dull if it were not for Pentax astounding Astrotracer function which offsets the turn of the earth by shifting the sensor in time with the sky for flawless starscapes

Comparison rundown in the below video by someone off of youtubes.

[video=youtube;iX51djM26bk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX51djM26bk[/video]

2. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

I've seen the latest images from the pixel shift mode and it's pretty impressive, resolution would appear to rival the Nikon D810, some think maybe a little better. I'm looking forward to seeing the implementation on the Pentax full frame, should be close to medium format. Of course it is for static subjects but if those are your forte then I think this is a big deal.

The astrotracer function, used properly, is quite something too for night skies.