1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wow!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by JenniferM, Aug 12, 2011.

1. JenniferM

JenniferM Member

Hello all, my name is Jennie and I've just been taking a look around this great site. I am a complete novice albeit with a keen interest in taking photographs. I'm (very unfortunately) technically inept and I clearly have much to learn but I have great passion and I'm hoping that's a good place to start.

Jen

2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Jen.

Don't worry about technical competence, it will come. Anyway there isn't much of a correlation between technical competence and being able to see a picture.

3. JenniferM

JenniferM Member

Let's hope so and thank you for the kind welcome :)

4. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Hi Jen and welcome

I am new to this too, and have just booked myself onto a 10wk beginners DSLR course at the botanical gardens, Birmingham from september. Really looking forward to learning how to use my camera properly.

Love Laura

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laj1/

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Jennie and welcome aboard :)

There are some great tutorials and programs to help newcomers in the How to Post sticky - well worth a read Click me...

Enjoy!

6. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the AP Forums :cool:

If you have a passion for photography, you are 90% there, keep it going :)

7. JenniferM

JenniferM Member

Thank you for the welcome Laura, I'm thinking about courses for September too. Solihull College do a short basic one which suits my needs for now.

Good luck with yours :)

8. JenniferM

JenniferM Member

Thank you Chris (since I just found out the meaning of Siuya) I hope you don't mind me using your name instead ;)

I'm taking a good look around the site and learning as I go.

9. JenniferM

JenniferM Member

I'm going to give it my best shot :D and thanks for the warm welcome.

10. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Thank you, you too

11. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Should I say wow back? Welcome :)

Technical was more important during film use. In that you had only one chance for the shot and it was secret if you had succeeded until the film was processed.

Now of cause with digital you can check and shoot more thus experiment more.

Have you developed a taste for a particular strand of photography? animals, buildings, landscapes etc

Are you using a dSLR (not important because I don't)?

12. JenniferM

JenniferM Member

Hello and thank you for the welcome :)

I use a compact digital, I have yet to delve into the realms of digital SLR, at some point I hope to have enough experience to make good use of that, but for now, I'm still very much honing my skills, particularly when it comes to the technical side.

I love to photograph people and expressions but I pretty much enjoy all :)