1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just starting my DSLR Journey...

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by WannaTakePix, Jul 23, 2011.

1. WannaTakePix

WannaTakePix Member

Hi,

I'm just beginning my DSLR journey.
    I've gone down the used route to see if this is for me and more importantly to find out if I'm any good at it.

I don't know much but what I do know is I definitely prefer the feel of a Nikon.
    &
    I've picked up a excellent condition D70 with a 18-105mm VR, a 4GB 30mb/s Sandisk Compact Flash card & a Hoya HMC Haze UV Filter.
    Currently deciding between a Lowepro Nova 180 AW or Lowepro Rezo 180 AW to put it all in - does anybody have any other bag recommendations?

Looking forward to learning more...with your help.

WTP

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Welcome on here. :)

Sounds good. Did you use any other camera before the dSLR? Or is this a deep end situation? :D

3. WannaTakePix

WannaTakePix Member

Thank You,

Not a SLR, only a Canon Ixus50...
    I was about to jump in the REAL deep end, whereby I was contemplating a D7000, 7D or a D300s.

A helpful assistant advised it might be a good idea to start Used before splashing the cash for something more current - to get a feel if this new hobby choice was really for me.

I hope to learn & keep the D70 for 6-12months and then upgrade...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Ah, where would be without the helpful assistant trying to get rid of some old stock ⊙_⊙ :~)

5. WannaTakePix

WannaTakePix Member

I hear you Chris,

But on this occasion it wasn't stock they had in their store but stock I sourced at other stores and had shipped to my local store to view.
    I've had numerous items shipped for viewings.

I guess in the larger scheme of things your comment still applies ;)

6. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

My comment was made based on many years of experience and not helped when I told my sister-in-law to buy this years model of a certain compact due to last years model having well publicised faults.

Sure enough, she left the shop with last years model. When questioned, she said the salesman had given her a better deal with last years model which included a free case and free 4gb memory card...

Wot me worry? :~)