1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Just my weekend runabout..

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by RovingMike, Jul 2, 2017.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

To to get away from the constant grizzling of the workers in my factories that I generously pay half the NMW, I thought I'd stop off in Southwark and put a few rents up, evict some elderly defaulters and check the collection lads have been dishing out the right kind of tenderness.
    I parked inconspicuously and went about my lawful business....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously, I believe it belongs to an Italian football agent aged 26 and his Russian model girlfriend.

Digitalmemories likes this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Money clearly does not buy taste.

I wonder if you can get touch up paint for it from Halfords

3. RovingMike

I have a little electroplating attachment that plugs into any of those electric car chargers. I just stick in one of the Krugerrands I have always about me and job done.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Why would he need it? If the paint gets scratched, just buy a new one! :cool:

5. dream_police

Ahh silly me. Same if it needs a clean. Imagine all the brasso you would need.

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Mine was not the winning Euro Millions ticket worth £87.5M this week, primarily because I didn't have a ticket at all, but even if it had been, I can't say I'd be tempted by that particular model. In that particular colour. You can't help but feel it's compensating for some other lack...

7. dream_police

Funny my non existent ticket didn't win either. If I had that kind of money I would choose something nice but really not in your face. I'd hate to have something that only other trashy people thought looked nice. What's wrong with a nice plain red Ferrari? :)

Geren likes this.
  8. RovingMike

As we'd like to believe, but I think his Russian girlfriend is quite happy and they have a baby. Also a £5m mansion that they are doing one of those massive basement conversions on and annoying the neighbours.

9. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Good luck to him too. If more of us knuckled down to some hard work we could afford this stuff.

10. dream_police

There's affording it and then being flashy and tacky with it. But each to their own.

Craig, I do have a feeling though that may have been said for the benefit of Andrew?? :)

Craig20264 likes this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Well in that case I'm very pleased for them. Slightly repulsed by their car choices, but pleased nonetheless. And sympathies to their neighbours.

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Favourite game of mine....what would I do with £87.5 million?

Pay off mortgage and any other outstanding amounts.
    Buy a house - ooh but where, and what? I intensely dislike having such a small flat for the five of us just now, but I do like being in town and I do love the sea view. Not sure there's anything on the market that I'd necessarily want right now even if it were bigger!
    Sort the kids out. Probalby buy them each a property so that they had somehwere to call home wherever they needed to be but I don't know how much cash they'd get because I suspect it would be wasted pretty quickly at their age and in any case I think they need to work for it!
    And honestly, once I've got a chic little apartment in Paris and one in London I can't really think of anything else I need or want. I think the rest would have to go to charity!

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

You guys never seen chrome wraps before? It protects the paint which is hopefully quite classy under the tacky bling. Supercar spotting is big business in cities like London.... Check out how Shmee150 got his start on YouTube and now he's driving supercars too.

14. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

First priority: Pay off the mortgages of all my friends and family.
    Second priority: Set up trust funds so my nephews and nieces (6 total) have enough money to live on so their lives can be about what they enjoy doing, not what they have to do to pay the bills. But not so much that they turn into rich brats.
    Third priority: Write e-mail to manager expressing my desire to retire _right_now_thankyou_
    Fourth priority: Buy another camera, or 10.

:)

RovingMike and Geren like this.
  15. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

As if I would do such a thing.:cool:

16. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

The very first time I ever bought a ticket for the Euromillions Lottery the jackpot was somewhere in the region of £114 million pounds.

I'd never done the lottery before and so I was completely and utterly convinced that I'd win. On the basis of this conviction I contacted an estate agent in France who was selling a castle with the adjacent village (including a pub!) for - I think - around £12 million and asked them to send me the brochure with all the details.

Sadly I failed to win the lottery, but on the bright side I now regularly receive details of various castles, country houses, luxury islands and small countries that are for sale.

Cheers, Jeff

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Geren and EightBitTony like this.
  17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I did go on Rightmove yesterday to double check if there was anything near to me that I'd like to buy with some of the vast fortune I didn't win. Turns out there was. A rather nice Leiper home on the Clyde for only just over a million. Or so. Lots of lovely wood panelling. I'm not sure my Ikea kitchen table is going to cut it in the dining room that appears to seat about twenty though. I'll have to add 'new' furniture to my fantasy shopping list as well then.

18. RovingMike

Interestingly the registration says it is white.

19. dream_police

If it is a wrap, the details do not have to be changed with DVLA and subsequently the PNC. As long as the original colour is there underneath.

20. dream_police

I once stopped a well known footballer in his Porsche Cayenne. As i was chatting to him he asked me if I liked it and I said "no, it looks crap, almost like someone has shrink wrapped it in plastic". At the time I wasn't aware that you did that with cars, but that's what he had done.

EightBitTony likes this.