1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Just doing what everyone else was thinking.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 25, 2020.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

This advert popped up on my Facebook feed. I've asked the question that needed to be asked.

IMG_20200325_110637.jpg

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ooooooh, how could you!

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The risk is becoming too attached to them.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

You mean, getting some stuck to your fingers while it's hot and in the pan? Agreed, burned my finger once doing that.

LesleySM and John Farrell like this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Trust me the only attachment would probably be to the inside of my arteries.

7. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Those miniature pigs look a lot like Gloucester Old Spot, so only miniature when compared to a hippo!

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Bloke down the road from us a few years back took to breeding what he called "bitza pigs" and was very closed mouth about their provenance. Whatever they were he did a good trade with the London restaurants. After he sold his 1,000th pig he donated 1,001 to the village fireworks display. Very nice it was too! :D

9. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Err , miniature pigs ?
    No there piglets , they grow into BIG pigs .
    ( Or bacon sarnies )

You just need more roughege in your diet .

Bitza pigs ?
    I guess that means he was selling cat and dog meat that had been fed on pork .
    Was there any strays in the area ?

10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I'm thinking do you cook them like Guinea Pigs? Spatchcocked or stewed???

11. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking barbequed on a spit nice and slow .

ascu75 and daft_biker like this.
  12. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I cannott remember a joke from my cousin in Canada but it went alo/ng the lines of:-

Look out for wild deer when driving, his reply was ' it's easier to look out for it in the meat isle of the suppermarket saves the smashed bumper as you swerve to hit it'
    Don

Catriona likes this.
  13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Learning and daft_biker like this.
  14. Learning

15. Learning

Sam, between us I think that we have just killed this thread. Have you actually tried the Peruvian cuy? I have never had the opportunity.
    When a group of us went into the Ruwenzori from Uganda our porters caught hyrax and offered some to us. It was good. In return we gave them some of the Tusker beer that they had portered.

16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Funny what we eat isn't it? In some places cat is a delicacy but despite just telling Bonnie "I'm fattening you up for emergencies" I could not knowingly eat cat and as dad and me used to show rabbits I am the same about rabbit yet show me a field of gambolling lambs and all I think is "mint sauce"

17. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

As a child I wasn't ever asked to participate in Monday morning 'show & tell' at primary school after I gave a graphic description of how I had helped my grandfather with his rabbits.

AndyTake2 and John Farrell like this.