1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just checking in with you all......

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by mcgoo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. mcgoo

mcgoo Member

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and I'm new to photography too. I have been interested in photography for a lot of years but have never had the money to buy a decent camera and get serious about it. So recently I bought my first 'decent' camera, the Canon SX40 HS and I am learning how to use it and seem to spend all my spare time either reading about photography, watching photography videos on YouTube or photographing anything and everything I see. I am totally addicted to it haha!! Next year I will hopefully be ready to get myself a DSLR as I have already found that the SX40 has its limitations.

So, I am still learning the basics and love to photograph inanimate objects, landscapes & scenery and the moon - just because of the amazing 35x optical zoom I have (I'll get over that eventually!).

My Flickr page is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmcg68/ and I would appreciate any feedback, tips, encouragement etc etc.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can on here and getting to know some of you.

Cheers folks,
    Mick

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the mad house! I've had a quick look at your Flickr, and you are starting with a decent eye and a mind to creative exploration, so I hope you'll hang around and learn stuff here. I'd have posted exactly the same photo as you as your first in appraisal.

Adrian

3. mcgoo

mcgoo Member

Thanks Adrian, appreciate the positive comments and yes, I'll be hanging around for a while I suspect.

Mick

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Hello Mick and Welcome :cool: