1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Just bought a new camera for me

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Stephen Rundle, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Canon D60 with Sigma 35-80mm f/4-5.6 DL, battery, charger and box etc

£32 from LCE

:) :) :)

neilt3 likes this.
  2. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Well , that is cheap !
    I hope you didn't miss-buy though .
    In your other thread you ask about cameras with a fully articulated rear LCD screen .

Like the Canon EOS 60d .
    The Canon EOS d60 being it's great grandfather from 2002 .
    https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneosd60

I still enjoy using my Minolta Dynax 7d from 2003 , likewise it has a 6 megapixel sensor .
    The ergonomics are spot on , and it's a nice camera to use .
    I like the results as well .

I hope you enjoy your "new" camera .
    ( I also hope it's the one you were expecting !:rolleyes: )

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Not quite as cheap as the £5 Fuji, which I returned to the charity shop ecology in the hope that more people would benefit from it. It was a very capable little camera...

Spiky seed head in garden SL300 DSCF3335.JPG

Fujifilm SL300 8GB 05 SL300 DSCF3406.JPG

Bus driver in mirrir SL300 DSCF3604 copy.JPG

Teenagers at waters edge Sidmouth sea front SL300 DSCF3529.jpg

Crow walking on metal fence white background SL300 DSCF3460.JPG

4. Stephen Rundle

5. Stephen Rundle

This was a one off purchase nothing to do with wanting an articulated screen I just wanted it and it was a bargain, at THAT price :) :) :)

I will now save for the D3200 as the 3300, 400, 500 has no more to offer me

neilt3 likes this.
  6. Stephen Rundle

The camera is a new as possible for the age !!!!! looks unused and the lens cleaned up 100% with iso. IMG_20200616_100437283.jpg IMG_20200616_100258230.jpg IMG_20200616_100533049.jpg IMG_20200616_100443293.jpg

neilt3 likes this.
  7. Stephen Rundle

I also love the way Canon lenses twist off the "right" way :)

neilt3 likes this.
  8. Stephen Rundle

OMG just how slow was Af back then

9. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Slow ?!?

It was a marvel of modern technology !

It was 2006 before I got an upgrade to my 1985 ( film ) Minolta 7000AF in the way of a Sony a100 who could use the same lenses .

Both of which I still have !
    The Minolta Dynax 7d was bought a year later as a back up to the Sony and for use in low light .

Shoot RAW and process in modern software gives these old sensors a new lease of life .

10. Stephen Rundle

I remember someone in Jessops where I "used" to shop years back had the minolta 9000, what a camera that was

Both the 7000 and 9000 also had still video backs which turned these cameras into primitive digital cameras… 0.38 megapixels

http://cjo.info/classic-cameras/minolta-9000/

http://www.9000.org/index.php?page=backs

11. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I have the 9000AF as well ( most of the Minolta AF & MF cameras too for that matter !) And I have the still backs on notification on eBay.
    Whenever they come up it always states they've no idea if they work , and always asking nearly £1000 for them .
    So I haven't got one yet , maybe if I come across one for less than £100 ......with a decent returns policy ........

The oldest digital camera i have is the 1995 , Minolta RD-175 . It had. Shopping 1.75 megapixel sensor . Agfa also sold this camera as the "Agfa Action cam" .
    It was sold as the first affordable digital camera . I forget the cost , but it was about the same as a family car !
    Which was a lot cheaper than the alternatives at that time .

gray1720 likes this.
  12. Stephen Rundle

IT WORKS!!!!!!

Ok the CF card only arrived today

My pussy, I have three, Flapjack (not named by me) came to me with 50% fur and the rest fleas, he is now about 14, he loathes being stroked on the back I think he was heavily stroked uncaringly for a long toime

Img_0002.jpg