1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June, 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of June, 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of June, 2009. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Phew, shift over! Time to go home. :)

Andrew

3. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Inflated my kayak so I could take some pics and measurements for an email I'm sending to an American company that sells :cool: sailing rigs for inflatable boats. Hopefully one of their products will fit my kayak :)

My deck about 9:36 this morning

4. chr1s

chr1s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

just picked up some new toys, prior to my trip to french alps in a few weeks. excited... i think so!!!

5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Early sun in the back garden.

Taken about 8:15 while I was waiting for the breakfast kettle to boil.

[​IMG]

6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

[​IMG]

Minolta 5D Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ 24mm, 1/400th F10 ISO 200 11.22am

7. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A corroded wire on a relay switch that sends power to the starter motor of a Volvo 2001 marine diesel. But for the help from members of another forum, I'd probably have spent ages pulling my hair out, and possibly shelling out loads of beer tokens to marine egineer.

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Tree Problem

General proximity of house, power line, and tree - not good! I meant to cut back this sycamore again over the winter, but just didn't get around to it. Now it's putting on new growth like nobody's business. :-(

[​IMG]

Date & Time: 1:18pm, 1/6/2009

9. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

The Ladies 'armless!

Been building my studio this weekend with the help of my brother. He did all the lifting and the majority of the work. I was helping by supplying tea, biscuits and fastening plasterboards to the walls.

Found this statue at the back of the studio and took a photo of it this morning as I was cleaning the floor

[​IMG]

10. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Re: Chubby chillin'

[​IMG]

Our Beagle relaxing. He had some dental work last week, hence the shaved legs :D

11. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Staying Cool

[​IMG]

Keeping cool in this nice summer weather ( and enjoying a beer ). Taken with a Nokia 5800 MusicXpress on a warm evening on June 1st 09.

12. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Lighting The BBQ

[​IMG]

01 June 2009, 18:40, my garden, Devon.

13. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

Watering in the weed and feed on the front lawn Circa 6.45 Visible in corner is last panel of fence to be replaced-next weekends job.

[​IMG]

14. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Liebherr crane factory - Sunderland

[​IMG]

Seen while cycling to work this morning.

Canon A80

15. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Taken at 17:25, out for a walk to get a first view image after work

[​IMG]

Details - Alpha 900, 135mm STF lens T/4.5 @ 1/3200 ISO 200 I believe it's Hawthorn!

16. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Mandarin Duck At Lotherton Bird Park

Click to view - 161k

Taken at Lotherton, near Leeds, around 11am today.
    canon 450D

Moderators Note - Your image has been changed for a second time as it exceeds the 100k Forum limit.

17. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

Bishopsgate, City of London

[​IMG]
    Taken on the way back from my lunchtime stroll to Spitalfields Market.

18. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

18:54 today 40d siggy 100-300 f4
    waiting for bird to perch

[​IMG]

19. peterf

peterf Well-Known Member

Above Crynant

[​IMG]

First Summer Evening Walk with the Upper Tawe Ramblers.

20. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Cat on the ledge

[​IMG]
    Stoopid animal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.