1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June, 2007 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, May 31, 2007.

1. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Re: BestView

There was the first accident on it on Friday as well - under the Cambourne bridge. It's a certainly a quick route between home and where I work (15 mins approx.) - OK in the car but boring on the bike. I might use the old A428 when they properly reinstate that.

2. Lounge Lizard

Don't be silly - I've got to wait a couple of years before being promoted to that level. ;)

3. Lounge Lizard

Jack and Colin

Great shot Jack. I guess the camera was a Sony Alpha as the strap logo is a clue. Great amusement in that the use of the dSLR is for self-portraits though whether the lens would focus that close or whether it was in focus at all is another matter. Maybe the guy was just holding the camera like that rather than attempting to use it on himself. Or even a case of RTFM. :D

Colin - nice to see somebody coming out of the closet and admitting that they've bought a Columbo DVD. ;) I had heard a rumour that a Columbo DVD had been sold this year and it's great to see a forum member on the ball in providing the evidence. ;)

4. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

Re: Flower Power

:D :D :D

5. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Re: Jack and Colin

:D :D :D I nearly excluded the Tomb Raider DVD as I thought someone would pick up on " you play tomb raider games " comment - but never thought of the Columbo DVD, I hope you all understand how hard this has been for me and my family to come to terms with.
    I am recieving treatment from the Dr Who comeback society..........oops....did I mention Dr Who........no...no...I dont watch that as well.....honest.......oh dear...em, will be back to normal soon.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :eek: :eek: :D :D

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thanks Brian....saw a few railway staff making use of gardens too...will look out for one with a camera :)

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

The duck was taken at about 6:10pm hand-held in the shadows under trees surrounding the pond that is about 2 minutes walk from my front door....for experimentation I took about a couple of dozen photos - first time of trying to photograph wildlife other than our cat (!). I kinda guessed that it would be a bit dark for photos and most of them were blurred :-(
    ISO200, 1/60 at f4.8 says the EXIF data, 110mm focal length on the 70-300 VR lens.
    I'd never even have attempted to take any shots last evening if I'd been using film

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Evening David,

Thanks very much and the fellow was definitely using it for self-portraits as I took
    a sequence of about 8 shots of him "shootin and chimpin" :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jack

9. rags4983

rags4983 Well-Known Member

Took my father to see The Who in liberty stadium Swansea for his 60th birthday, He also saw them in vetch at Swansea in 1976 but he reckons this was one of the most outstanding gigs he ever been to. Happy Birthday Dad, love you.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: June, 2007 - Mid-year round-up

The picture posting thread is now locked - any late additions please pm me.

Great stuff, everybody. Thanks again for a well supported FirstView. I don't know about the rest of you, but at the half-way mark (for 2007, at any rate) I'm coming to a few definite conclusions:

1. Lots of you have very enviable views from your office/work-place windows.

2. Pretty well all of you have tidier desks than mine.

3. Getting pictures out of BigWill is like getting blood out of a stone.

4. I would definitely not want to bump into Dave Cox up a dark alley in the middle of the night. ;-)

Anyone else care to summarize their impressions of FirstView so far?

11. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

I love Doctor Who - hence the new avatar! David Tennant is fantastic! :D :D :D

12. Lounge Lizard

You've changed avatars more times than I have had hot dinners. ;)

13. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Re: Dr Who

And more times than Dr Who himself :D

14. fridge

fridge Well-Known Member

Apparently Pam it's David Teninch /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ;)

15. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

So I have heard... :D