1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

January 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of January 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of January 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

catching up on some of the programmes I missed over Christmas using the fast broadband that seems to be here at the moment ;)

G>

3. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

[​IMG]
    Mars, as seen from my back yard with my telescope.

Don't ask me what the effective focal length is. The field of view of this image is about 0.01 degrees. The actual focal length is 11,200 mm, I used a camera with a small format chip to take the image and it's been cropped ...

4. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Midnight moonlight

Midnight on New Year's Day 2010.
    Moonlight in the back garden.
    30secs @ f9.0 ISO400 24mm

[​IMG]

5. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Re:Katie's first photo

We bought 5 year old Katie a digital camera for Christmas (a pink Praktica DPix5200) and I just helped her take her first proper photo with it. Its our back garden in the snow.

[​IMG]

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Re: January 2010 - First Moon Shot

01:25am 01/01/10

My first attempt at a moon shot with the D3 and the Sigma 50-500

[​IMG]

ISO 200, 1/100sec, f11

7. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Clearing the snow

This little chap got us out of bed at 5:30 this morning, so we set him to work clearing the drive ;)

[​IMG]

8. miked

miked Well-Known Member

New Year slaughter of innocents

[​IMG]

9. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Sad gits all....

Or 'where my friends are'

[​IMG]

10. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Re: January 2010 - Aftermath

[​IMG]

The aftermath of our New Year's party. Quite civilised really. :)

11. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

Re: Pammipud has another drink

[​IMG]

12. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Black Pudding Breakfast

[​IMG]

Great way to soak up the New Year's Eve beer - taken in my kitchen about 10:30AM this morning.

Nikon D80 Sigma 17-70mm

13. chr1s

chr1s Well-Known Member

Re: Black Pudding Breakfast

[​IMG]

it's taken 6 years to get round to setting the time and date on my watch. i might start wearing it now :)

14. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Frost Dove

[​IMG]

First day of the year, its blimming cold but with a new decade comes new hope, hense the dove. Taken with a Nikon D300s with f2.8 sigma 50mm-150mm (mk1) through a very thick window with tonnes of cropping and photoshop prodding to make it near viewable. Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it. ;)

15. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Re: January 2010 - Festive Flora

Something that I see every morning when looking out my Kitchen, it just so happens to be in flower, so thought I'd share (Will will love it ;))

[​IMG]

Sony Alpha 900, Minolta 135 STF, ISO 400, T/4.5 @ 1/60 taken @ 14:30 - Cropped

16. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

FirstWalk

[​IMG]

14:08 Waresley wood, Cambridgeshire. Missus b_c plus dog (Chubby)

17. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Snelsmore Common

[​IMG]

Cold crisp walk with Mrs H on Snelsmore Common near Newbury today.

18. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

View From A Hide

[​IMG]

1 January 2010 14:30, Marton Mere, Blackpool

19. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Where's that hay?

[​IMG]

Nig. :)

20. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Mankini.

Friday January 1st, at ten minutes past one in the afternoon. One of about 30 brave souls who stripped off and immersed themselves in the sea at Lyme Regis, Dorset.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.