1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January, 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of January, 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of January, 2009. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I had an old pc with no OS so I thought I'd try Ubuntu,whilst listening to some Trance music.

[​IMG]

Nig. :cool:

hic

3. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

TV Fireworks

[​IMG]

4. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Time for the deccies to come down

[​IMG]

5. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

New Year's Eve Leftovers

[​IMG]

The leftovers from a nice bottle of Comte De Beaumont - taken with a Canon A540 at 10am on a chilly 1st Jan 2009

6. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Re: New Year's Eve Leftovers

[​IMG]

one of the first things I've done since waking up - frantic email saying something was wrong with a clients cms :(

7. miked

miked Well-Known Member

No flying today

North Shropshire am: a neighbour's hives:-

[​IMG]

8. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Re: New Year's Eve Leftovers

nephew wanting to play with wireless remote i got yesterday

[​IMG]

9. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Leaving on a northbound train

[​IMG]

My daughter and her boyfriend leaving for Manchester to spend a couple of days at his fathers house.

Time 11:37 - precisely the train started pulling out as I struggled to get the camera out of it's case, hence the hasty angled view!

10. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Happy New Year!!!

[​IMG]

Happy New Year!!!

Just got in from an exceptionally huge NYE meal over the road at Philpott's Mezzaluna, during which we managed five courses (not including the coffee), one of which appeared to consist of roughly half a deer. Each. As nobody else in the restaurant ordered venison and the chef didn't know what to do with it.

So here we are back home wishing the New Year in in front of the laptop with our friend in Berlin on Skype. The green guy in the foreground is Walter. He rocks.

Date: 01 January 2009, 00:05:05
    Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Notes: ISO800 Av 2.7 1/25

11. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Filled The Feeders

[​IMG]

12. RikLowe

RikLowe Active Member

Morning after the night before

[​IMG]

Best wishes to all for 2009.
    Resolutions - Enter all rounds of APoY !

13. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Bart - supercool ...

[​IMG]

On the back of a pickup truck at Curleys Fisheries, Horwich.

14. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

[​IMG]

Too hungover to do much else I've spent most of today adding music to my new MP3 player

15. Wonkydog

Wonkydog Well-Known Member

Out for a bike ride, this watertower is in the middle of a forest. I don't know what the water is for.
    Not really happy with the way this one turned out. But at least I got some fresh air and cleared my head after last night's celebrations.

[​IMG]

16. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Taken at the Deaf Club's New Year Party whilst I'm working behind the bar at about 00:28am....with Canon IXUS 70.

17. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

We are starting the new year with colds, so while I watch another rerun of Deep Space 9 I am sorting some adverts out for ebay. (I am selling and saving up for a 1:1 macro lens)
    [​IMG]

18. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Pachinko, that's sat there since last year, and really does need digging out for that "project" I keep meaning to do.

G>

19. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

"Cheeky little fella"

[​IMG]

This guy really wanted his photo taken. Hoping around in front of me whilst I was trying to take a photo of a flower.

Date & Time: 10:07am January 1st 2009
    Camera: Nikon D3

20. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Clown at the New Year's Day Parade in London wearing 2009 glasses.

Date: 1 January 2009, 11:34:11
    Place: Central London at the London Parade
    Details: EOS 1Ds, 70-200mm, 1/200th, F4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.