1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

January, 2007 - FirstView Picture Thread

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whistley

whistley Well-Known Member

Re: January, 2007 - Imber, Salisbury Plain

[​IMG]

The Bell Inn at Imber, a village commandeered by the army during WW2, the villagers were forced to leave their homes but they were never allowed back after the war. The village is open to the public at Christmas and New Year but used for military training at all other times.

Time: 15:30

2. gsix14

gsix14 Well-Known Member

Rescue mission

[​IMG]

My sister in law leaving a petrol station. I had a 90 minute round trip to rescue her. She ran out of petrol and had no money. Taken on Camera phone, hence poor quality.

BP petrol station A14 Eastbound near Kettering 7.30pm

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

New Year Dinner 2007

[​IMG]

Time: 19:02

4. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

New Years walk

[​IMG]

Sutton Park (Town Gate), Birmingham. A group of about 20 met up for a stroll. Rachel included.

Time: 13:00

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

[​IMG]

Memorial flowers left at the sea mark on Portland Bill, 1st of January, 9:05am.

6. radiogandy

radiogandy Well-Known Member

Start of the outing :-

<span style="color:blue"> Moderator: image deleted for size - please read the forum image posting rules. You may post the image again after re-sizing it. </span>

7. ChrisBrookes

ChrisBrookes Well-Known Member

Not a good start for 2007 for the folks who live in these flats in Ayr Scotland ! I hope their year gets better !
    [​IMG]

Time: 12.38pm

8. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

It's quackers!!

[​IMG]

Redesmeer, Cheshire - a popular place to feed the ducks etc!
    :) Lisa.

Time: 11:00

9. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Afternoon of the first, 15:15 (ish)....when I ventured forth to inspect the new year....it was still there, it was wet and windy...but not stormy.
    The view from Rothesay up into Loch Striven.

[​IMG]

then I went back to the dry and the warm.

10D 20sec iso100 f8..100-400 at the long end.

Graeme

10. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Re: January, 2007 - Aldeburgh beach, 2.30pm New Year's Day

[​IMG]

Nikon F5, Nikkor 50mm f1.8mm + polariser, Fujifilm Superia 400

11. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Late Additions - Updated, 15/01/2007

Late contributions will be added here - PM me if you have a January FirstView picture to add.

1. Bettina:

[​IMG]

New Year's Eve Fireworks
    00:07:59 (GMT +1) Mülheim/Ruhr, Germany
    Canon 1Ds, 28-135mm @ 28mm, 6sec, F8, ISO 100

2. David Steel: Postcard from Paris

[​IMG]
    Paris, 2.30pm, 1st Jan 2007

Most of New Year in Paris was overcast or wet and windy. However, on the way to visit a relative, the weather brightened up as we approached central Paris. We turned off the Peripherique and headed down the road running alongside the Seine. There were some interesting new buildings on the far bank so I thought I'd try a shot. It was taken from a moving car and as a bonus I thought I'd try to include the Eiffel Tower in the shot to add a little Parisian feel. Note also the Statue of Liberty between the tower and the buildings. - David Steel

3. Done&rundleCams

[​IMG]

Date/Time: 2007:01:01 00:06:19

[Presumably that's Vancouver time. :) - Huw Evans]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.