1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

January, 2007 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 31, 2006.

1. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Re: Administrative point

Mine was about 11am on 1st Jan. I'd just left work and Redesmeer is on the way home so I popped in to see the swans. I was talking to 2 twitchers who were looking at a Golden Eye; at least I know the difference between that and a Tufted Duck now. :) LDB

2. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

19:02 and 06 seconds ;)

3. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

And what time was it all eaten by? ;)

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

19:02 and 8 seconds :D

Actually the trifle is still in the fridge, it is a trifle large, ho ho.

I had some for lunch and tea yesterday :eek: Its going to last forever! :eek: :eek:

5. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Technical data
    Time: 18.02
    Whiskey: Jameson

6. LittleNose

LittleNose Well-Known Member

Guildford Ice Rink, 13:30 ish (no exif info available :( )

was a good laugh, and we'll certainly be going back.

ermintrude... did you go the whole hog and have trifle for brekkie too? ;)

7. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Mmmm... trifle!

8. Jaded

Jaded Well-Known Member

Comments on pictures

Well, if this thread is for comments on the photos, my favourite is the Rescue one on the garage forecourt. Rather bleak, and for me reminiscent of many long drives late on New Years Day.

Other than that I like the flowers one too. Very poignant, hints of debris left after a NYE Party, a darker overtone that these deaths were now (numberwise) a year ago.

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Nope, had whisky for brekkie ;)

10. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: Time to...

Time ;) - 13:47

11. LittleNose

LittleNose Well-Known Member

cornflakes and whisky... nice ;)

12. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Thanks everyone

The picture thread for January is now locked. If there are any latecomers I'll re-open it for additional pictures on request. The comments thread will remain open.

My sincere thanks to everyone who posted - I think we can call that a successful start. I do hope you all enjoyed participating and seeing what everyone else had got up to as well. And I also hope you'll continue to contribute throughout the year. For those of you who didn't participate this time, don't let that stop you joining in next time. The next FirstView day will be Thursday, the 1st of February - I'll be posting a reminder in the Lounge nearer the time.

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Re: Thanks everyone

[guilty whistle] I did take a few shots on New Year's Day - I've not actually looked at them yet. I will do tonight, and if there's anything worth sharing, I will do so.[/guilty whistle]

14. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I think people who came back from holiday with Delhi belly (or whatever the Moroccan equivalent is) are probably excused from FirstView duties. :) But even so, provided you didn't spend the entire day on the khazi we'll be happy to see whatever you may have photographed. ;-)

15. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

........and for those who don't know what a khazi is........ :D :D

I couldn't have spent the whole day in their as my posting was quite early :rolleyes: :D

16. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Yes, of course - you showed remarkable prescience and thoughtfully provided an illustration. :)

17. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

perhaps a khazi photo comp could be considered :D

18. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

I think that idea will be 'Pooh-poohed' :D

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I think you're all just taking the p...

Having looked at my pics now, they're actually of a suitable quality to fill the aforementioned khazi, so I'll not trouble the lack of scorers...

20. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I've just thought of the perfect picture for that day...