1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January, 2007 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 31, 2006.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Once again, Happy New Year everyone. This thread is for comments or discussion arising from the January 07 FirstView Pictures thread.

2. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Re: January, 2007 - FirstView Comments - It could have been worse!

I feel quite good this morning, may be something will kick in later. :rolleyes:

Image details:
    Canon EOS 400D
    Shooting Date/Time 01/01/2007 09:36:39
    2.5secs F/20.0
    Lens 10.0 - 20.0 mm zoom burst
    2nd curtain flash sync

3. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Nice one Richard, I bet thousands and thousands of people spent time kneeling down in front of one of those after last nights celebrations....

4. bench_ubbster

Happy New Year Colin! :D

Somebody had to break the water :D :D :D

Yes, it's not entirely original, but at least I was standing up! :D

5. LittleNose

LittleNose Well-Known Member

sounds like that was an achievement in itself ! Well done on getting the first pic up :)

Happy New Year :)

6. Badgerman

After paying a visit to richards shot, checking up on how everyone is this morning on the AP forum.

Very shakey shot,

Canon 10D
    28-80mm lens
    60sec f4
    ISO 800
    Shivering and off to get dressed.

7. bench_ubbster

You have a very neat and tidy desk. The missus is always having a moan at me for leaving our office room in a state. :mad:

This firstview thing is quite voyeuristic. Can we have some kitchen shots please? I need some inspiration for tiles and colours schemes :D :D

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, I'm glad to see we're off and running - thanks guys. Chubbster, I just hope that picture's not characteristic of your entire day! ;-) I'm just back in from my early morning foray, and I think I've got my picture in the bag - I must say it's not what I thought it was going to be. I'll explain when I've got it processed and uploaded.

9. Badgerman

:D :D

10. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Is it meant to be a shot to give the impression of your overall day (eg fresh, new start / depressing, stressful / busy, hard work etc) or just a random shot of what you see, or a planned shot or what? I took a copuple around midnight that are pretty rubbish so I was planning on doing something better later... :D

11. bench_ubbster

Hi Erm,
    I think it's open to interpretation as long as the picture is taken on the day. I suppose there is nothing stopping you from planning it.

My picture signifies how I start most mornings (except I normally let the dogs out first and I thought a picture of them was even less appropriate :D ) at least nothing got in the way of my shot :eek: :D :D I can't say that I always take my camera into the bathroom, so I must have given it some thought, so I don't know if that constitutes planning?

I think for the following months I will take my shot at a different time of day, otherwise it could get a little repetitive :D

12. Paul_R

Paul_R Well-Known Member

Re: Never again!

Happy New Year one and all :)

Staged I know but I bet it sums up the night for many people last night :D

Actually, the image is a bit misleading with regard to myself. I didn't have a drop of alcohol last night as I was baby sitting my two year old granddaughter and I was tucked up in bed before 1.00am!

Hope your hangovers aren't too bad :D

P.S. I hope I don't get told off for advertising :eek:

13. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

Posted then read the comments - you can just about make out the floor colour :D

For those who are interested this was a mistake - flash failed to fire (looks like a loose hot-shoe :() and got a blurry mess, which is about how I felt this morning while looking after a toddler /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif - at least he learning to hoover with his Dyson :cool:

14. tincup

tincup Well-Known Member

This is no joke but seanb seems to have the same living room as me. I have the same floor, sofa, table and wall. Whats going on?

15. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Spoooooooooooooooooooooky :D

Chris [​IMG] ...as long as you ain't got the same wife, your OK ...

16. bench_ubbster

Strangely enough we have laminate flooring, Ikea table, but cream leather sofa :eek:

My missus is about 5'10" apricot blonde and come to think of it, she does spend a lot of time away :eek: :D

17. tincup

tincup Well-Known Member

I know i should have tidied up at some point last year(Colin44 for example). Anyway that sums up my day.

18. seanb

seanb Well-Known Member

You're quite safe from me. I've never had any 5'10" blondes in my living room :(

19. seanb

seanb Well-Known Member

We obviously both have great taste...

...and a nearby Ikea :)

20. tincup

tincup Well-Known Member

great taste? take alook at my first view picture. i have no taste.

when i first saw that picture it took a few seconds. i thought i had sent in a picture already. i really did