1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've posted some ....

Discussion in 'Colour or Not' started by Ian_A, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

....black & white snaps here.

Actually, a lot of them are sort of sepia, and there is even a blue one. But they all originated from real negatives printed on Ilford or Sterling photographic paper...

Ian A(ctually!)

[​IMG]

2. Mike-T

Mike-T Well-Known Member

3. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, Mike.

The 'Boy and Bike' photo came about after looking through a book of photos by Henri Cartier Bresson. I'm not saying the shot is in his style, but it was a photo of a child by him that lead me to go out and set up this shot.

It is important, I believe, to look at the work of other photographers in order to inspire and improve your own work. One of my favourite photographic quotes is this from Robert Mapplethorpe: -

<font color=blue>"I like to look at pictures, all kinds. And all those things you absorb come out subconsciously one way or another. You'll be taking photographs and suddenly know that you have resources from having looked at a lot of them before. There is no way you can avoid this. But this kind of subconscious influence is good, and it certainly can work for one. In fact, the more pictures you see, the better you are as a photographer"

Ian A(ctually!)

[​IMG]

4. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

Some great shots there Ian, you can be very proud of them all.

Cohen the Kosher cock[​IMG]

5. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Thanks, Peter.

Ian A(ctually!)

[​IMG]

6. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

You are welcome Ian, that's a hell of a portfolio.

Cohen the Kosher cock[​IMG]