1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV The Chase tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dream_police, Jul 8, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Anyone watching/see the Chase tonight on ITV tonight.

I just turned it on and the contestant Paula, the psychic medium (lol) is my cousin (my mums brothers daughter). Not seen her or had anything to do with her since 1989 at my grandmas funeral. A bit of a surprise.

2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Did she win? Surely she knew all the answers in advance?

3. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

psychic medium, and you didn't know, wasn't she sending out the right vibes....................... ;)

4. dream_police

No. She got through to the final chase but they lost. Elvis (who she claimed she had contact with) and the other dead folk were obviously busy on another medium call at the time and couldn't help!

5. dream_police

She does tours around the country. Myself and my brother want to go to a show, booking our tickets under pseudonyms and see if she notices we are there!

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

My wife won't let me go to a psychic show. She knows I'll be mean to the cold reader.

Zou likes this.
  7. Stephen Rundle

OMG o_Oo_O:rolleyes::eek: that has to be an award winning reason

I'll unwatch this post ;););););)

8. Stephen Rundle

Sorry, and I mean it, regardless of my thoughts people are free to believe what they wish and it is not up to me to criticize this.

9. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Are you sure she's a medium, and not a small?

S

miked and John Farrell like this.
  10. dream_police

If you saw the show, you would see she was neither a small nor a medium.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  11. steveandthedogs

I'd need to be a psychic myself - no tv.

S

12. steveandthedogs

I was trying to be polite...

S

13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I haven't seen the show but from what is written here know that if I had a relative involved with such trash I would keep quiet about it.

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

There's worse on TV, much worse. I actually admire people who set themselves up to answer questions that they might not know the answers to. A bit like people who post images for others to see and pass comments on. Stand up and be counted. Those who never do are the failures as far as I'm concerned. I was married to someone who could do better than anyone he met - but never put it to the test. I know which I prefer.

dream_police likes this.
  15. dream_police

The Chase is actually quite a good game show.
    As for the relative not seen her or anyone else from that side of the family for 30+ years and were never close before that either. My mum didn’t speak to her brother either so I’m not embarrassed about it all. I actually find it quite funny.

Geren and Catriona like this.
  16. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

We went to see Clinton Baptiste, just before lockdown. It was a brilliant night.

17. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I knew you was going to say that! My super natural powers are still working :rolleyes: Don :)

18. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Now there's an intelligent response! You haven't seen the show but you know that it's trash! You must be psychic too.

I did see the show. I often see the show. Along with eggheads I'd rate it very high in the quiz show genre. Difficult questions wrapped up in a competitive format and against some very knowledgeable people. On top of that Bradley Walsh as presenter - I like him and appreciate his humour. OTOH if you don't like quizzes then there's no reason to like this show.

The lady herself seemed larger than life in all senses. I began to wonder if her OTT 'personality' was a front for something else - insecurity maybe.Sorry Officer. :)

MickLL

dream_police likes this.
  19. dream_police

If anything seeing her has made me consider reaching out to her. I could do that through her website as I have no other way of contacting her. Unless I’m dead of course!

Catriona and SqueamishOssifrage like this.
  20. dream_police

Spooky. After talking about my cousin with my brother, he just sent me a message. Paula has just checked out his linkedin page. Perhaps she is a medium after all!:rolleyes:

Either way, quite coincidental after all of these years. We don't share the same surname as her so she had to be looking for us.

Catriona likes this.