1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

It's definitely Cricket

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by EightBitTony, Aug 28, 2020.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand the "relationship with photography" bit, but it is a good photography subject (if you have the patience).

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Thank you for that Tony, I'd never seen that wonderful Beldam before... though Tanya Aldred's is magical!

The thing I love about cricket is that the action is quite fixed, so I stand a decent chance of getting good photos simply by throwing manure at the wall. And it gets out of umpiring and scoring...

Zou likes this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Lens edge distortion is shocking, can't imagine it'll be any use for professionals ... ;)

gray1720 likes this.
  5. gray1720

I dread to think what Flickr's image resizing will have done to the quality of these, but these have turned up during the production of the annual photobook, and they amused me for various reasons.

No 1 - standard shot, quite backlit as I couldn't be arsed to walk round the other side of the ground to get the sun right.
    [​IMG]_DSC0081 ready by gray1720, on Flickr

No 2 - A bit less standard. The (cricket) shot is quite standard, no ball in shot which usually lessens the impact, but I think the pic is made by the wickie's expression. Fred is someone I enjoy photographing, as he doesn't hide anything.I think you could probably caption this "Oh ****!", and everyone would see why.
    [​IMG]_DSC0321 ready by gray1720, on Flickr

Finally, No 3 - this (Fred again) just made oi larf. I've no idea what they were discussing, but it looks for all the world as though they are about to square up. Possibly the sort of thing that @RovingMike appreciates?
    [​IMG]Now look 'ere, Sunny Jim... by gray1720, on Flickr

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020 at 3:30 PM
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

All very good!

7. gray1720

steveandthedogs likes this.