1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolation Daily Photograph Theme. Part 15. June 2021

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by dream_police, May 30, 2021.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thank you. :)

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

This guy’s heart wasn’t into scary, really. He still looks a nice friendly chap, even with the teeth.

[​IMG]Zinneka draft 52 by Pete, on Flickr

miked, zx9r and Catriona like this.
  3. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

DSC_0068.jpg

This was painted by my father from my photograph showing my wife and toddler daughter. I have given it to my Granddaughter. I have recently learned that this Granddaughter is to be a Grandmother. What does that make me? I feel that I should be in an album not the pub.

EightBitTony, Zou, miked and 2 others like this.
  4. Catriona

ap picture metamorphosis of a Leodhasach andrea ingram.jpg

By my favourite local friend, photographer and printer.

Zou and miked like this.
  5. Catriona

ap picture edinburgh watercolour by alistair kelly.jpg
    Fun watercolour of Edinburgh.

IvorETower and miked like this.
  6. PeteRob

That’s very nice. Must be wonderful to be able to paint.

Zou likes this.
  7. PeteRob

Closest I can get on first thought. It’s a mural rather than a picture painting.

[​IMG]DSCF2122.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

miked, Catriona and zx9r like this.
  8. Catriona

ap picture of a picture 1 by tom dewhurst in2017.jpg

zx9r and dream_police like this.
  9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I don't know how we though this brainstorm was worthy of wall space, but it is still there:

[​IMG]_6281138 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

miked, dream_police and Catriona like this.
  10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

....but mainly because the colours complement these:

[​IMG]_6281137 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr
    Incidentally, they are of course from a charity shop, as are these:

[​IMG]P9031967 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

At some point, we were influenced by visiting a friend, who has an £8m house in Chelsea furnished entirely with pictures from charity shops. It looks sensational. Not sure we have quite the same eye for art....:(

zx9r and dream_police like this.
  11. PeteRob

This is a picture of a picture (photographic print) that I was trying to restore for the family history archive. According to the dates in LR I started in 2016 (scanned) and gave up in 2019 (last copy saved to disk for sharing). Perhaps I should have another go at it and learn some photoshop by the by. LR isn't really up to it.

[​IMG]2016-07-10-0001.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Got back from Devon yesterday to a house that is in a complete mess whilst the decorator has been here working through it, so taking photo's of pictures that aren't on walls isn't the easiest option.

Our room is about one of the only rooms not being touched, so a bit of a dumping ground for some things, including these 2 pictures at the foot of the bed which are normally on the landing and stairwell.

IMG_0857.jpg

Zou, zx9r and Catriona like this.
  13. dream_police

And the picture that we bought in Devon will eventually be hung on this chimney breast wall when it is all finished.

IMG_0858.jpg

Catriona and zx9r like this.
  14. miked

miked Well-Known Member

This reminds me of when we visited an art exhibition at the RNCM in Manchester some 30-odd years ago. We saw an abstract painting we thought looked interesting. We enquired at the desk as to it's price. We thought the gentleman replied "45, sir". But when we said, "Oh, well I think we'll buy it then for £45", he looked rather put out. "No sir, I said 4-2-5." We beat a hasty retreat and laughed at his snootiness all the way home.

RovingMike and zx9r like this.
  15. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

StephsGran800pix.jpg
    My wife's paternal grandmother taken by a known Parisian studio when she was a 'dancer' in the 1930's.

RovingMike, dream_police and miked like this.
  16. miked

miked Well-Known Member

This is a painting bought in Salcombe some 40 odd years ago. We like the impressionist style and subject - our daughter was then a similar age to the subject.
    girlwithdollpainting.jpg

17. dream_police

There was a gallery I wanted to go into in Salcombe on Thursday but as we couldn't get in to park, and on the 2nd attempt after driving around the side streets up the hills, they closed a road stopping us heading down again, we gave up and left. If only the council had decided to open the park and ride again.

zx9r likes this.
  18. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Well, the 'gallery' from which we bought the above, was an old fishing shed on the quayside that had been adapted, and was still somewhat rustic, but charmingly appropriate, in quality.

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

miked likes this.
  20. Catriona

When moving from my old house got just too much for me and I went a little crazy.

ap picture hallway.jpg

Zou, miked and dream_police like this.