1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolation Daily Photo Theme, Part 18, SEPTEMBER 2021

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Catriona, Aug 30, 2021.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

In fairness, a lot of busses always seemed to be in service for many years, so an old bus might not that be too odd I suppose.

Looking at the dress the lady with the pushchair is wearing. That clearly puts it in the right era (unless contrary to popular belief, Hull were ahead of their time)

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is later than 1967 - that is when the folding stroller started to be mass-produced. Maybe Hull city council ran a very old bus fleet.

Edit: I found something that said many routemasters were purchased s/h following deregulation of bus services in 1986 because they were cheap. Hull was one city in which they ran.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

The site is called Castel Camping Le Brevedent near Blangy Le Chateau. It's one of the smaller Castel sites and the 'chateau' at the heart of it is actually just a former hunting lodge - the main chateau having been destroyed in WWII. We haven't been since about 2014 because, well, holidays are not something we can manage just now but we went every year for three or four weeks to meet up with my brother and family for a good eight years on the trot, always nabbing that spot by the water. It's a family run site and we loved it and I know a lot of people who went back year on year.

dream_police likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

My kid sister spent two years at Uni there before dropping out. Learnt a lot of things, unfortunately none related to the course! She then went to London and trained as a nurse at St George's. Never put it into use although graduated. Wasted years.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No I meant the lady put the photo in the era that Keith said, 1987 not the era of the bus.

6. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

Yes to all the above, they (Route Master buses ) were sold off to be used in other cities, at the time I found it odd that that they still had the _LT 'personal' number plates though with the routes in London going to independent operators I suppose there was no reason to hold on to them.

dream_police likes this.
  7. PeteRob

Understood - hence the comment on the buggy. Plus it seems some route-masters were acquired in 1986!

Edit: didn't see Keith's post. I was talking on the phone to a nice lady at HMRC ! Thanks Keith

zx9r likes this.
  8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Deauville10.jpg

Beach Shelter I

Zou, zx9r, Catriona and 1 other person like this.
  9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Deauville10.jpg

Beach Shelter II

zx9r, Catriona and dream_police like this.
  10. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

IMG_4881_2.jpg

Shelter collapse in 3, 2...

zx9r and Catriona like this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

file020389.jpg

Beach Shelters In Waiting

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

IMG_5142.jpg

Shelter wherever you can find it

Zou, zx9r and Catriona like this.
  13. PeteRob

Zou, zx9r and Catriona like this.
  14. PeteRob

A glam approach to a bit of shelter - outside the Chinese House - Brussels.

[​IMG]_MG_0006.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

15. Catriona

ap shelter wall birds.jpg
    The old back garden retaining wall. Home to starlings. Shelter from the elements.

ap shelter tent.jpg
    Shelter for the performers and audience.

zx9r and Geren like this.
  16. Catriona

ap shellter in the marina.jpg
    Part of the marina.

ap shelter part of marina and harbour.jpg

Part marina part harbour

zx9r likes this.
  17. PeteRob

18. PeteRob

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

An old one. I'm feeling a bit sentimental at the moment. That time of the year when memories come back unbidden.

ap shelter david and others at bus stop.jpg

David and bus buddies at the bus shelter.

dream_police and zx9r like this.
  20. Catriona

Contrast.

ap contrast acer pseudoplatanus.jpg
    Acer pseudoplatanus

zx9r likes this.