1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Isolation Daily Photo Challenge - Part Six (01/09/2020 to 30/09/2020)

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by EightBitTony, Aug 25, 2020.

1. miked

miked Well-Known Member

converginglines.jpg

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

10BK0353.JPG

Catriona likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

ap badge kate shooting badge interservice.jpg
    A badge awarded a long time ago!

miked and RovingMike like this.
  5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

miked and Catriona like this.
  6. RovingMike

miked and Catriona like this.
  7. miked

miked Well-Known Member

101sigsbadge.jpg
    Here's a badge I designed for the 2010 Reunion meeting of 101 Signals Unit at Brockzetel in north Germany, in which I served for a few months. The reunion was an alcoholic adventure.

RovingMike and Catriona like this.
  8. Catriona

Brilliant, Mike! When is the first one from? I see bayonettes on those rifles.

9. Catriona

My dad was a Signals man in Baghdad in the 1940s. Strangely enough, I wanted to learn all about radar in the RAF, but they twisted my arm and said I was perfect for the new Statistics Branch. It was OK, but boring most of the time. I married an electronics fella on the communications side. Funny old life!

10. Catriona

Some from WW1

ap badge william burr badges.jpg

RovingMike and miked like this.
  11. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Shiny 6; (printed on a ball cap - hence the diagonal lines background
    6sq.jpg
    6 sqadron holds the record for the longest period, 93 years 1914- 2007, without being disbanded nor reduced to cadre. Nicknamed the flying can openers for their afforts against German tanks in the Western desert during WW2.I was with them in Habbaniya and Akrotiri in 1956/7 including the Suez "crisis".
    The eagle and snake heraldry came about because numerals are not permitted in heraldic devices, but a snake coiled into a 6 is OK.

Catriona likes this.
  12. RovingMike

That was when I was in the ATC in 1964. I got my RAF Marksman badge at RAF Finningley with the trusty old Lee Enfield .303 and gliding wings at RAF Halton. Also captained the side that won the ATC home counties football cup, but they didn't give us medals or badges.Happy days!

Catriona likes this.
  13. Ianj

Ianj Well-Known Member

I was in the 10th Tottenham Cadet Sq Royal Engineers, based opposite the Spurs Ground.
    When we were out in Uniform and people used to say we were too Young or little to be in
    the army, we used to point to our Engineers Cap Badge and the A C F IMG_3132 (800x800).jpg CF Shoulder Flash,
    and say "That stands for Atomic Combat Force, and we're being trained to defuse
    unexploded Atomic Bombs!!"

Catriona and RovingMike like this.
  14. Catriona

ap wet washing machine.jpg
    Wet washing.

15. PeteRob

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

ap wet abstract abyss washing machine drum 2.jpg
    Looking into the abyss.

17. Catriona

ap wet sea.jpg
    Getting my boots wet.

18. PeteRob

Not too wet I hope - that looks a bit dangerous to be close to!

Old one - I'm not this keen on risking my gear really, that has to be a 600 F4

[​IMG]BV9R0080.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

Catriona likes this.
  19. PeteRob

20. PeteRob

EightBitTony, miked and Catriona like this.