1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this Fuji worth it?

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by penfoldUK, Oct 18, 2005.

1. penfoldUK

penfoldUK New Member

I have seen a Fuji FinePix s5500 Zoom for £151.99 and wondered what people thought of it and if it had a manual focus and zoom on it?

2. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

Theres a pic in this weeks Mike Maloney pages by a reader who uses one (a rodent pic). It looked alright, a bit small on the page to tell really but ok. I dont think it has manual focus... I would suggest you go to a shop and try one out, but for 150 quid it seems very reasonable :)

Also, search the fujifilm website for its specs/info... there may be links to reviews up there.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich New Member

4. ahar

ahar Well-Known Member

I have a Fuji S5000 and i was pretty good as a step up to a full digital SLR. It does have manual focus but it's a real pain in the butt to use. Still, I got good photos from mine, I just outgrew it.

5. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

It is well worth it, but for a tiny bit more you can get a superior model refurbished (I believe that the S5500 you've seen is either secondhand or refurbished), like the S7000. It's got hotshoe flash and a few more features, but the zoom is lagging in comparison to the S5500 and that is a major selling feature of the s5500.

Regards,

Provia_fan

6. Oldy

Oldy Member

Please explain about the zoom...i have a S7000 and a 602...for some resome the 602 is easier to use...???...but the S7000 gives great results