1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Is this Dust?

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Jun 4, 2007.

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Big Will can normally sniff out an opportunity like this with his eyes closed........he must be slipping..........

:D

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I don't think BigWill has been the same since that most recent 'BigWill's on the swalley' session - must have been one heck of a hangover! :)

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

"the shop assistant wasn't happy - until he saw how clean my rear was"............................ NO SH*T! (literally?) :eek: :eek: :eek:

BigWill

P.S. It wasn't the hangover Huw it's just that I don't venture into the Pentax forum very often...................I mean it's full of people who own Pentaxes! :eek: and Canadians with hairy arms! :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

However long does it take some people? :D

6. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Just be carefulwith the blower. I used it inside my DL2, and now have dust ABOVE the focussing screen. As the screen isn't removable then I have no way of removing it, except to hope that it works it's own way out!

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Jay-zoos, I never normally venture into this, uh, nook...but I just had to look at Nick's rear end... :eek:

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Let's not have any aperture jokes now! ;-)

9. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Nice to know I am in such good company. Thanks.
    I was only joking about the E-510. I have spent enough on dslr bodies already and the K10D is a real winner in my book.

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You're more than welcome... :D

11. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

..................no, let's not, because "on the whole"
    this thread has been very dignified......................well up until now that is! :eek: :D :D :D ;)

BigWill

12. Monobod

Now sing along with me:
    "There is a cavern in the town, in the town,.............. :eek:

13. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

See Sony Chat ...

14. Monobod

Next Question please:

The 'dust bunny' appears on the rear screen (and the photos of course) in the bottom right hand corner.

Where on the sensor will it be? That may seem a silly question, but what I'm getting at is this; is the image from the lens inverted on the sensor? If so do I look for the dust on the top left as seen through the lens opening?

15. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Yep............though you are likely to need a pretty good magnifying glass. :D By the time you see it at actual pixels on screen it's been enlarged just a bit......... :eek:

16. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

No - top right. From the back of the camera, it would be in the top left, but when you turn it around that corner becomes the top right. But unless it's a huge peice of dust you're unlikely to be able to see it with the naked eye.

17. Monobod

Just to be clear, are you saying that the image is both inverted and flipped? So bottom right on the final image becomes top left on the front of the sensor?

18. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

If you were looking at the image in a view camera - so basically looking at the film plane through the ground-glass - the image is simply rotated through 180°, so what appears in the bottom right of the corrected image (i.e. as it is shown on the LCD) was actually formed in the top left of the image plane - as seen from the back of the camera. But from the front of the camera that corner is seen as the top right.

19. Monobod

Thanks, all clear now.

20. Dal1970

Dal1970 Active Member

The focussing screen on the DL2 is not only removeable, but also changeable.

I used mine for a while with a split-screen, like the old K1000 - line up the 2 halves of the image, then it is in focus.

Darren