1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Is there a decent forum out there for Citroen H Van owners?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rupert49, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has recently purchased a beautifully restored Citroen H Van which has been converted into a mobile coffee shop. He's got a few questions he'd like answered about the vehicle, uppermost being the availability or otherwise of a power steering pack.

I suggested he could sign up to a suitable forum where he might obtain help and advice on all aspects of Citroen H Van ownership. I've had a little look around myself on his behalf, but without signing up to any of them I can't really establish how helpful they might be.

Does anyone here know of a good forum that might meet my friend's needs, please?

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Not the one tarted-up on Wheeler Dealers, by any chance?

3. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

Had a very quick look on Reddit - there might be something here;

https://www.reddit.com/subreddits/search?q=Citroen

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Dunno about one specific for H Vans but adding electric power steering looks like it should be less complex than adding hydraulic power steering.......doesn't look easy either way but it is also the difference between hooking up power wires instead of adding a pump onto the accessory drive belt.

The other big reason new cars tend to have electric power steering over hydraulic is that it only adds load to the engine when you use the steering rather than all the time so saves fuel.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I presume the gearing on the steering also matters. It's so long since I drove a car without power steering that I can't really remember what it feels like but I imagine you get to turn the steering wheel quite a bit more to make a turn without power assistance.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You turn it the same amount in my experience. You just need more muscle at low speeds and when parking.

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

3 turns lock to lock?

Ever got out a go kart and then back into a normal passenger car? It's walking after ice skating weird!:eek::D

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Sounds about right for my wife's Smart car (no PAS) and my Hyundai (with PAS).

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

It was about right for the way my instructor taught reverse parking too.