1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Photoshop Cheating ?

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by albini13, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Re: Is Photoshop Cheating ?/not if the sky is crappy!

but what if id not said anything? To me it looks natural,Ive often seen a slice of sky looking like this.

Nature is the embodiment of a dark,secret, rising from the yearning for permanence and eternity.

2. sinister

sinister Well-Known Member

3. sinister

Arh there you have me. Perhaps I was prejudced by the fact you said what you had done.

<font color=green>Steve</font color=green>
    http://www.aspects.net/~sthompson

4. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

I done that cos I'm a few names short of a telephone directory. Sorry Dave.

<font color=red>Clive ....... <font color=black> [​IMG]

5. sinister

6. Larry Shone

maybe i should have used the gradient tool but i havent really used that to good effect yet, but must admit i do like the colour contrast there.

Nature is the embodiment of a dark,secret, rising from the yearning for permanence and eternity.

7. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

I reckon you should have avoided the fill as it looks to me like a paint job rather than a natural sky. Perhaps select the sky area and then increase the saturation and the blue channel. Feather the edge obviously

Pete IRIPN

8. Larry Shone

i tried that,didnt work,not enough blue in originally.

9. albini13

albini13 Well-Known Member

So what do you think is the best colour set up. I usually set up both Adobe, my scaner and my printer SRGB, this I am told is as realistic as you can get from most home use printers. Do you agree ? Should i switch to CMYK and if so will this give me better results ?
    The college that i study at mainly stick to CMYK but then they have colour matched MACS and expensive printers.

10. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

I have mine set to Adobe RGB 1998. This has a wider gamut than sRGB, which means that although it looks slightly duller or less saturated than sRGB it does actually have a wider range of colours to work on.
    I print on an Epson 1290 with "No Colour Adjustment" in the properties box. The document source space is Adobe RGB 1998 and the print space profile is whatever the paper I'm using e.g. Epson premium glossy. I have installed ICC profiles for all the main papers and so its not a case of telling the printer to work in sRGB or whatever - it does as its told from Photoshop. If all this is double dutch its covered in www.computer-darkroom.co.uk. I think I'm right in saying you have to be running full Photoshop to use ICC profiling, but the advantage is you get a very close match from scanner to screen to print.
    CMYK wouldn't come into it as consumer inkjet printers are designed to be RGB friendly.
    By the way you can buy a cheap full copy of Photoshop on a student licence.

Pete IRIPN