I love taking pictures, just love it. 90% are of family - with the remaining 10% of activities involving family - sons sports and the odd toe dipping into macro! This evening after spending all day eating, socialising and grabbing off the cuff shots of family on Christmas day, I decided to upload my phone pictures to the PC. Fully intend to set about creating photo book archives, that is my No1 New Year resolution. The sad truth is, that virtually all my memorable pictures I have taken have been captured with either my compact camera or phone. Of course the sport shots are taken with my dslr. But, the vast bulk, that means virtually all have been captured by phone and compacts. Maybe I should accept the brutal truth, that DSLRs (and CSCs) are really on their way out. My photo archive blatantly says this. Yet, I love using proper cameras, but the truth is almost all my photo opportunities arise when least expected, when My camera is either at home, in the car or in the next room. Yet my phone is here, constantly, never leaves my side unless I'm sleeping. Days out are always accompanied with both phone and compact, I even sometimes leave the compact now, unless I'm sure I need the zoom. I'm still using old iphone, but I'm getting pulled towards upgrading to either the iPhone flagship or android (due to the ability to use sd cards) My work colleague who dragged me back into photography 5yrs ago after almost 15yrs of using nothing more than a sony compact. He was the one that got me interested in urbex, which started the whole bug once more. Yet, I discovered last week he's sold his entire Nikon DSLR outfit and instead purchased the latest Huawei Pro 30 along with a seriously smart but compact drone. He showed me why...my jaw just dropped!! unbelievable. To knock it home, he sent the images and drone footage to his enormous 50" TV. it completely floored me, just didn't expect that level of detail. As much as I want to keep using my gear, I'm asking myself why all the time, especially now. Yes, sports and macro, 2 subjects that I enjoy are easily covered with my canon setup. but the rest...the 90% I mentioned at the beginning is easier covered by phone and compact. Or maybe just Phone (….and drone) Is anyone else with this dilemma ?