1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Is anyone taking pictures ??

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by pixelpuffin, Mar 24, 2020.

1. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Just curious to know if anyone is taking pictures.
    I’m currently still expected to turn up every day at work (engineering) but orders are drying up so guessing we’ll be sent home soon.
    The deserted village streets is surreal and the PM said we could take 1 exercise each day. I would love to create a photo log of my walk and what I see, but wondered if this would be perceived as poor form

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I would think it's absolutely crucial to record the world as it changes.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm enough in the sticks that the change is barely perceptible, but if I were in Edinburgh I'd be taking pictures for sure.

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I would suggest that any photography in a public place would have to be quick snaps. Spending an age taking pictures of something in one place may be frowned on. I can't be arsed to trawl the Internet for a link, but I believe that you couldn't stop in the park, for example, when out for your exercise.

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I bet the film companies are itching to take pictures of empty streets.
    It doesn't make any difference to my surroundings, like Zou, so although I might take some outside, it isn't something I am likely to do much of.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I would do it. I haven’t been out with a camera for a while (last time it didn’t leave the bag) but now that “solo” cycling is the only permitted way to ride a bike, I could carry a camera and take pictures. It’s difficult to stop when riding with a group. Not that happy to subject a camera to the vibration though, the road surfaces are dreadful.

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

PSX_20200324_204239.jpg
    This afternoon....steep hill, boggy bits, streams to jump, deep gorges, jaggy maze of gorse and no fair weather walkers or cyclists.

Zou likes this.
  8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

There's a public footpath runs through the middle of the farmyard. I've seen more people walk through today than we'd see on a nice Sunday afternoon.

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Aye, lack of options I guess.

Rain due here Thursday I think.

10. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

I’ve been pondering whilst in the bath -lol
    We are witnessing something quite extraordinary. My mind keeps thinking back to the Life Magazine photo essays. My work will probably dry up soon so I’m hoping to have a crack at this. would it be prudent to wear both mask and latex gloves. Keep the camera under my jacket

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I was thinking a lifesize cutout of a dead Boris on the ground would encourage others to remain a safe distance away.

It's been a bit windy so an axe or three should hold it down.

12. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

I’ve always taken most of my photos when I’ve been out walking (nature and landscape rather than people). This evening I’ve been looking for opinions on whether it’s legitimate or wise to take pictures when I’m out walking. I was searching “The Lounge” forum, but instead I’ve found the discussion under “General Equipment Chat”! Our “village” is within the M25, but it’s less than a 10-minute walk through it into the countryside. On Sunday, in the sunshine (but with a cold wind) the streets were less empty than usual, and there were more people about in our local countryside than I can remember, even in the height of summer. I took my tripod and long telephoto, to get some shots of a coot on a nest in the river I’d seen a few days before, so I was there some time waiting to get a good view of her through the sprouting reed grass, and for a lull in the wind. But since then the restrictions have become more severe, so today I left the tripod behind, but took some photos of a local area of daffodils hand-held.

It’s still OK to walk and get my exercise.

Is it OK to stop briefly for some photos?

Is it OK to stop longer and set up a tripod if that’s appropriate for the subject?

Chris

13. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Even after yesterday’s announcement this is frightening. If people cannot keep to the guidance the measures will only become more severe.

14. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I need to walk to the chemist once I'm out of self isolation, you can bet I'll be photographing the journey.

15. IanG1957

IanG1957 Well-Known Member

Simple - we're not allowed out (here in France)

We can, however, walk within 200m of our houses, alone, for not more than an hour. We must take a signed declaration with us, dated and with the hour marked, and if the 'nice' gendarme that stops you considers the category that you ticked or the colour of your shoes doesn't justify the fact that you're out, a 135€ fine. Do it twice and it's 1500€ - a third time and you risk 6 months in jail.

They don't p*** around here….

This said, I do take a camera every time!

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  16. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Get a photo of your arrest. Go on, it’d be fun and good documentary.:)

Geren, EightBitTony and MJB like this.
  17. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I was going to say that their police have guns. Then I remembered they used to let you have one too:confused:

18. IanG1957

IanG1957 Well-Known Member

Since this confinement has started, I just don't seem able to stop…..:(

stayhome.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not a Photoshop artist….

IvorETower, Zou, daft_biker and 2 others like this.
  19. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

my artistry begins with P:rolleyes:

IvorETower likes this.
  20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I will now duck!

ap mallards pair.jpg

ap reflections of trees.jpg

It has been a bit wet here, but drying out now, so it's your turn next.