1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone going to stand up for Angela Rayner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I worked on a Basel compliance system for one of the banks. At that time, we were told that wealth increase was defined as an income increase of at least 1% more than the cost of living increase for each operations centre (effectively, a country).

I wonder if anyone's told bogoff?

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood likes this.
  2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Look, you are all missing the point. Bojo has made it his life's ambition to increase everything. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it increases it's an oven ready, no deal, win win:rolleyes:

AndyTake2 likes this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Entropy ensues.

4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Well, he has certainly succeeded in increasing my dislike of him. Many times over, in fact.

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

If I get a pay rise the price of the product has to rise to cover the cost, to pay the increased price other workers will want a similar pay rise to continue to buy the product. Wage growth simply means the numbers rise benefiting no one except possibly the accountants. Clearly Boris and co have no idea.

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood likes this.
  6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Ignoring, briefly, the fact that the man is the vulva of Mammuthus subplanifrons, what bloomin' wage growth? It took mine a decade to recover to where they were before...

peterba likes this.
  7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Real wage growth = nominal wage growth – inflation.

In other words, if wage growth is greater than inflation, people have more disposable income. And vice-versa.

S

8. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

9. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I can only presume his assertion is based on the increase in disposable income of those who are now working from home, due to not having to commute to work. I haven't heard of anyone employed on zero-hour contracts (doing house-calls) getting paid more per hour; instead, any increase in their earnings will be due to Agencies demanding they work even more hours each week, because of staff shortages ...

peterba, AndyTake2, Zou and 3 others like this.
  10. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Worth considering, in this context, that Rishi Sunak is an anagram of hi-risk anus.

WillieJ, DaveM399, peterba and 4 others like this.
  11. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

Got it in one!!..............and this is the one seen as the favoured successor!! Public school (again), ex-merchant banker (take that in any way you choose), married to the daughter of a billionaire and so in touch with ordinary working people that he thinks removing the £20 uplift at this time is a policy worth implementing........as Jim Royle would have said "Dishy Rishy - my arse!".

Zou, peterba, WillieJ and 1 other person like this.