1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone going to stand up for Angela Rayner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Chance would be a fine thing!

2. Ascu75 AKA Don Wood

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood Well-Known Member

They are all a bunch of wazzocks and I am trying to avoid getting drawn in. I agree with Geren

Zou likes this.
  3. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Boris is at Buckingham Palace, delivering his weekly report to HM the Queen, on how the country is progressing. The Queen signals to one of her staff, who hands Boris a parcel which he graciously accepts and opens, to reveal it contains a lavatory brush and holder.

"Here you are, Mr Johnston, my servant will direct you to where my loyal subjects are requesting you undertake your next task."

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This person uses her most offensive language to describe a lying politician. She has nothing left to describe real scum.
    Does she really class Bozo with that murdering, raping criminal sentenced to die in prison? Perhaps she does.

5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I think you might have taken that a bit too far. It's very obvious that Angela Rayner is NOT a fan of BoJo - but I'm sure she wouldn't go as far as to put him in the same category as that maniac, who has just been locked up for life.

Johnson should, of course, be locked up - but only for a few years. ;)

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The point is that she has exhausted her vocabulary on a not very nice guy and has nothing left to describe real evil.

7. peterba

You appear to be making presumptions about the range of her vocabulary.

Even if you are right, it doesn't matter. Superlatives are available, if needed, for emphasis.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  8. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

There is a difference between superlatives and expletives.

9. peterba

Agreed. However, she didn't use an expletive (at least from the reports I've seen). She is reported to have used the word "scum" to describe the Tories. That is not an expletive, in the context of what she said, since it is required, in order to convey what she intended to say. Expletives, though often profane or offensive, are not necessary - being used for emphasis.

For my part, I readily reach for expletives - in preference to superlatives - to describe Johnson and his cronies. Many on this forum might even have noticed this. ;) :D

10. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

John, If you think scum is the worst thing you can call someone then you have lived a rather more innocent life than I believe you have. To save me going through the entire thread has anyone commented on Starmer (effectively) calling Bozo a "Tool"?

peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  11. peterba

Indeed....... and I recall zero indignation from the media, when Johnson called XR "crusty left-wing anarchists", a year ago.

Sticks and stones - all of it. Trivial nonsense. There are much more important things - Kath (Geren) hit the nail on the head, in her earlier post.

GeoffR and steveandthedogs like this.
  12. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I think the commuters at Canning Town probably gave Bogoff a little cheer for saying that. It just goes to prove the assertion that a stopped clock is right twice a day. :D

13. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

All those that screamed at the Labour MP Angela Raynor's comment about Tories being Scum...

Why aren't you lived and screaming from the rooftops when the Prime Minister of this country say's "never mind life expectancy, never mind cancer outcomes, look at wage growth."
    That's deplorable, absolutely evil.

AndyTake2, beatnik69, Zou and 4 others like this.
  14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Sadly not unexpected from the Public School oik.

15. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

That's deplorable, absolutely evil. Agree, absolutely. There's only one thing in its favour - for once, it's the truth from him!

16. peterba

Thanks for posting, @Fen.
    WTF? "Never mind cancer outcomes"? This man should be removed from office.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    DaveS likes this.
  17. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I agree - he should have spelt it "l-i-v-i-d" :confused: :p

18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Never mind being removed from office, he should be removed from this mortal coil. His continued existence is an abomination before the Lord.

steveandthedogs and Catriona like this.
  20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Wage growth? There was a tory mayor on the wireless this afternoon saying how wonderful wage growth was, before dropping a clanger and admitting it would balance out the rise in cost of living, so people won't be better off.