1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 12 Pro

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by Brian, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Just tried a test shot . With the 11 in portrait mode you find funny artefacts between the sharp and the blurred edges. Seems to have been cured with the 12.

[​IMG]untitled (1 of 1)-Edit-4 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

You can still tell it's software rather than glass, but it's perfectly useable and it gets better every time.

3. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

The IQ is ridiculous
    It really does spell the end for compact cameras.
    Besides sport or macro using flash I see no justification in carrying a camera personally.
    Absolutely incredible

4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

As good as they are I see artefacts everywhere.
    in areas of the face with low detail it seems to give up, and and just provide a smudge.
    It sharpens anything where it is both sharp and with hard edged detail, there seems to be a detail threshold beyond which it just gives up trying. The stark differential between the two, make the smudges stand out to my eyes.

5. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Yeh you can tell it’s artificial blur etc, but I’ve just got the pro max and for a phone, it’s bonkers. Now shoots in apple pro raw dng files which should be better still. Sensor shift stabilisation on a phone. Larger sensor size too. I’d still always have my oly over it, but for when I don’t have that, or when the light is really low, the iPhone is amazing.