1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 11

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by Brian, Aug 28, 2020.

1. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Yes, outright quality will always be gained from “proper” cameras. And yet the vast bulk of my favourite family pictures were often captured using a phone (or compact). My phone goes everywhere with me, even when I’m in the bath! The phones wallet holds my debit cards. I can never envisage a time when my phone will be left behind.
    Complete game changer for me.

2. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I think the iPhone 11 is the best Apple has made, the new cameras is very good and the wide angle one is actually very useful. The screen is not as high resolution as the pro version but that with a good battery (there is a first for Apple) gives over a days worth without haven’t to reach for the charger. It has good screen to body ratio so it still fits in a pocket while having a screen the size of a small tablet.
    My only complaints are limited options to overwrite the camera settings, no SD card slot (I took the 128mb version to get around that problem).

3. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

“no SD card slot”
    It is exactly this that’s stalling me. The only reason I would upgrade is for better camera. I honestly couldn’t give two monkeys about the other upgrades - it’s just a phone!!
    But the hassle I had getting photos off last time has made me think I want removable card. I don’t want android.
    So I’m basically stuck .
    But there isn’t a chance I’ll drop £1k on a new iPhone then be dictated as and what I can do with it.
    Fantastic product, but apple is being greedy and it isn’t a good look.
    Their loss, I’ll stay with my old SE and see what the future brings.

4. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I agree, I got mine through work, would not pay what they are asking for the 128gb version (or the 64gb to be honest). The problem is, like someone pointed out is that the phone tends to be the go to camera as both my Olys and Canons stay at home unless I got something planned.

5. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

get an Apple TV and screen mirror away. Quality is stunning