1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Well, I got one.
    Great fun setting it up.

S

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Be careful not to add too many Apps. There are loads of free ones and some that you can try for free but you can upgrade for a small fee.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Bust the screen on my iPad Air 10 days ago. No idea how. Something (can only have been a camera being put down a bit heavily on the sofa) bashed an edge. Since then cracks have propagated all over. Amazingly it still works through the sticky tape! Got it all backed up this morning ready for a reset and visit to the repair shop.

The screen I broke on an old iPad 2 continued to work even after bits fell off it leaving edges sharp enough to cut. No mystery over breaking that one. I intended to put it in the rear pocket of my camera bag, which also has a parallel false "pocket" to loop over the handle of a wheeled bag. I pulled the camera bag out of the car and the iPad hit the tarmac. I remember exclaiming at the time that it was such a silly thing to have done.

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

In language unsuitable for the forum no doubt?

5. steveandthedogs

Don't worry, there aren't that many I would be interested in, I suspect.

When I said "great fun", I was being a bit sarcastic - it took me an evening and part of a morning to work out that pictures sent from a PC to it went to an app called "iCloud", not to something called "Photo's". So much for being user friendly. Just not idiot proof, I guess.

Anyway, found Kindle, AP and flickr, so that's alright.

S

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

You have 5GB of space on iCloud, very easily filled. More devices doesn't mean more space, it is allocated per account.

7. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Have you set up your iTunes on the laptop and tried to connect the iPad to the laptop with a lead?

8. steveandthedogs

Yep.

S

9. steveandthedogs

I hope I won't need to use the cloud much, mostly for short-term storage of pics to show at the club [have I mentioned I've got around to joining BMBCC at last?] and then delete them.
    That's the theory at least.

S

10. Bazarchie

Have you tried transferring photos using iTunes rather than through iCloud?

11. steveandthedogs

er, no.

OK, back to the drawing tablet...

S

12. steveandthedogs

Just found something called "SimpleTransfer".

Quick, dead simple, and puts pics in "Photos", not iCloud.

S

13. Bazarchie

Result!

So many apps, you seem to have hit on a good one quickly.

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Well I have had mine for a week or 2 now and was nearly without it. I stopped in a hotel in Lleida, Spain last night. Checked out this morning ready for a 6 hour drive. Got around 1hr 20 away and bang, I realised I’d left the bloody thing in my room. A call to the hotel to tell them I was returning for it. Luckily the cleaner handed it in. It turns out I’d also left behind my electric toothbrush.:oops:

So that six hour drive turned out to be not far off nine hours. I’m knackered now.

15. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

With my Amazon fire devices I get 15GB on their equivalent of iCloud or apparently I could have 30TB for just £2,399.70 a year :rolleyes:

16. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Seems entirely reasonable! Remember they track your every movement, they have to cover the cost of that somehow.