1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Intergalactic

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by dream_police, Mar 9, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

As I mentioned in the Landscape thread, Sky TV are currently filming a sci fi series on NT land in Alderley Edge, Cheshire. As I live close by, I have seen them building the sets periodically over the past couple of weeks. They are now filming, finishing on Friday. We walked around and saw a bit of filming. The crew are friendly, don't mind you taking photo's as long as you don't get in the way. All I had though was my iPhone so no close up shots. Tomorrow they are filming near the crashed spaceship/poppies so if the weather is OK i'm going up with a real camera. You can see why these things cost a fortune.

Here are a selection of images. Not massively exciting really but it was quite interesting to see it in the flesh.

Here they have built a little village sort of thing. The wooden structure was being stocked with things today, although they weren't filming at the time. A number of wigwam type tents are hanging from the trees and there is a greenhouse sort of construction.

[​IMG]Village set by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]Intergalactic greenhouse by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]Film set by Nigel G, on Flickr

As he headed into a different area we could see mist in the distance and lighting rigs so we headed to that. The mist is coming from a massive long black tube which is constantly pumping out a mineral based smoke. Several guys also wander around the filming area with handheld machines wafting the mist around. They were filming in the hut type of thing as we were watching as soldiers wandered in an out of scene.

[​IMG]Mist by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]Misty hollow by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]Soldiers filming by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]Hut filming by Nigel G, on Flickr

We then headed over to an area known as Stormy Point. Here are the poppies and the crashed spaceship. There were pockets of people around and they were happy with that as long as dogs were kept on a lead as signs were advising of controlled explosions and gun shots, although not when we were there.

[​IMG]Edge by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]spaceship 2 by Nigel G, on Flickr

All of them here.

Learning, RovingMike, Bipolar and 2 others like this.
  2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I rather like the geodesic greenhouse. But not the price.