1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

interesting?

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by linnet9, Nov 17, 2002.

1. linnet9

linnet9 Well-Known Member

2. NatalieFord

NatalieFord Well-Known Member

<dinosaur>
    Yuk. Flash. Launces new window which maximises. YMMV.
    </dinosaur>

3. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

I would love somebody to develop a small utility program (I'm sure it could be done) that intercepts all windows messages and drops the ones with a maximise window command in them.

David

4. Stef_Pause

Stef_Pause Well-Known Member

Hehe, that was exactly what I thought! But to your average Internet Explorer user it's probably standard fodder.

A shame really 'cause the site's so simple it'd be as nice done with straight HTML/XHTML (and maybe DHTML for the menu), and be a lot better for those that couldn't use Flash.

Ah well, that's what happens when a design firm with a skewed understanding of the internet (and therefore thinking that Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime, etc. are the best things since sliced-bread) does your website I guess?

The photography's exceptional though, some beautiful images there!

5. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

wow i like that, very smooth!

[​IMG] IRIPN

6. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

......I may be wrong but the whites of the eyes just looked too white for me as if they have been tampered with in the darkroom or digitally. I hate that. To me it is a photographic lie.

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

7. Stef_Pause

Stef_Pause Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Mozilla does this /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Advanced - Scripts and Plugins... gives you these options:

Open unrequested windows
    Move or resize existing windows
    Raise or lower windows
    Hide the status bar
    Change status bar text
    Change images
    Create or change cookies
    Read cookies

The second one's pretty much what you want, though it'll still allow a requested window to maximise when it's launched.

The top one is especially handy, instant popup stopper built into the browser, but still allows windows you click to open.

8. linnet9

linnet9 Well-Known Member

I thought so too /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

9. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

it amazes me how they do this stuff.

[​IMG] IRIPN

10. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

Some great pics (some a bit cliched maybe), just a tiny bit too slick for my liking

[​IMG] Wilko