1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Insect

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by intruder2000, May 22, 2020.

1. intruder2000

intruder2000 Well-Known Member

Hi

Captured this guy a couple of weeks ago . No idea on the identity .

[​IMG]_46A0506 by Lee Black, on Flickr

All comments welcome

Thanks Lee

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that it is a spider not an insect. Interesting example of camouflage. I might be tempted to have it smaller in the frame just to make that point as the angle of view doesn't really reveal that much about it.

3. intruder2000

Thanks Pete and good point opps think i will change the title ha ha . Interesting idea i will try that although i was kinda thinking the opposite .

4. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Could try something different like this:
    Intruder Spider.jpg

5. intruder2000

Thanks Andy proberly a bit too tight i think and a shame to cut the spider in half and ..... it freaks me out ha ha dont ask its just creepy

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice shot, but from a technical POV (important with natural history) it looks quite over exposed to me and there is considerable detail lost on its back especially.

Really might have another go at raw conversion with highlights protected.

7. intruder2000

Thanks Mike . Agree about the exposure i will have another look at the raw conversion to see if i can improve it .