1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Images of the Seven Seas

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by sagamore, Jul 30, 2017.

1. sagamore

sagamore Well-Known Member

This is a mixture. I drew the plan on a large piece of white card. I then photographed it with my Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR, coloured it in and added the text using Photoshop.
    Bob
    [​IMG]

Andrew Flannigan and RovingMike like this.
  2. sagamore

British India passenger liner Kenya, at 32 feet to 1 inch.
    Bob
    [​IMG]

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Simply lovely. You have a great skill.

4. sagamore

The old Nelson Bell buoy,removed from the Ribble Estuary when the dock closed down some years ago. Photographed this morning, Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR on EXR automatic.
    Bob
    [​IMG]

5. RovingMike

Did that used to be opposite Penwortham? I think I remember it in the late 1950s.

6. sagamore

No, it was moored in the channel and as it rolled, the bell rang. I don't think it had a light on it. There were two of them. Occasionally, one or the other would start leaking and be brought to Ward's Wharf for repair. They are now both parked permanenty at two entrances to the dock estate that is now a marina.
    Bob

7. RovingMike

Think we could see one or other from the hill west of Penwortham though, or maybe we went for a walk along the estuary. Would have been 1958/9.

8. sagamore

I just looked them up. They were 50 tons, and were both built in 1890. As well as the bells, they had acetylene lights on them. They were out in the estuary until the dock closed a few years ago.
    Bob

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

A number of ex-buoy bells have been purchased by the Keltek Trust over the years and now ring out from church towers.

Adrian