1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm officially done with digital.

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by ryancolin, Jul 30, 2021.

1. ryancolin

ryancolin Active Member

"Does the €1,500 figure refer to the cost of a camera or the cost of the mobile telephone?"

€1,500 is approx. the cost of the PEN-F plus 17mm f1.8 when it was released. I paid a bit less than that because it was end of line and the shop still had a couple of new ones.

The Google Pixel 3a OTOH was 299 euro, and is without doubt the best smartphone camera you can get for that price. I believe the successor model, the Pixel 4a, has the same camera and sells for about the same price.

2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I'm not a smartphone person, preferring a pay-as-you-go mobile on which I spend £2 or £3 a year on outgoing calls (99% of its use is now for receiving verification codes for online banking and some transactions). It appears that AP only reviews the more expensive mobiles with built in cameras (the expensive toy end of the market?). Perhaps you should tell them about yours and suggest a review.