1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a film camera

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Northerner, Sep 3, 2008.

1. MickyFinn

MickyFinn New Member

Have you considered an Olympus Trip 35?? Cheap as chips, about as reliable as cameras get and given 9/10 and a 'Best Buy' award in last weekend's Daily Mail (obviously I only bought it for the camera feature!!) I keep two permanently loaded up with b/w & colour. Terrific bit of glass on the front.

2. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Err, free! I've not paid for a roll of film in ages thanks to jessops. Hand a film over for developing and get one free

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

A Holga might be fun for a day But a Canon capable of using your existng lenses might give longer pleasure. Are your Canon lenses suitable for full frame? If so, the EOS 3. If you have a particular example in mind, at the right price, then go for it. And that's from a Nikon user.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

You get nowt for nowt. The 'free' film is included in the processing price which has been inflated to cover the cost.

5. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Yea and the film is now Kodak 200 so that might be why(better quality film?) Either way after my recent experience i'll be going elsewhere!

6. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

Except that Kodak Gold 200 is probably the nastiest film I've ever used. Grain like footballs, really horrible colour rendition (not just bad processing) ...

7. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I've got a mixture of EF and EF-S (cropped) lenses - but certainly enough full frame lenses to make an EOS 3 a serious consideration... :)

Cheers,

Graham