1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I suppose it's just me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Brian, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

...but I really do wish those posting would have a usable name as their signature. Many do in fact sign off with a real name but I find it very difficult to address someone as Middlewallopcanonuser or similar if they do't. It's probably me being old fashioned but I do like calling people by name. It would also help if members filled in their bio's, even a sketchy outline would be better than nothing.

I know the bio thing has been mentioned before but a nudge might help.

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Quite so Slimey...........................I mean how are people ever supposed to know you're called Slimey if you don't tell em so! :D ;)

Seriously though, get those bio's filled in people as Sli.........err BRIAN says..........................it's nice to know who you're talking to! :cool:

BigWill

3. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Not just you Brian. I like to call people by name where possible, and some of them are just plain weird, especially the ones where they're just a mix of numbers and letters. I know they mean something to the user, but how about putting an actual name in the signature/bio (Doesn't have to be their real name)

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Especially those who then approach you in facebook with a REAL name and you think WTF? You know who you are! :eek: :eek: :D

5. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Brian,

You can call me by by real name...

Fen :)

The rest of you can call me by that as well ;)

6. BigWill

...............well I suppose it's shorter than "Fenris the mighty destroyer of websites" :D :D :D ;)

BigWill

7. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

At least Fen works as a name. Fabs is my nickname, but at least mine isn't fabsxyz16tgifridays!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

But my name is bagpuss!

9. BigWill

No it isn't, it's "prolific" (funny first name that girl has! :eek:)

BigWill

10. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Ah but your real name is in your title :D

And anyway, Bagpuss is fine as a name, it is pronounceable if spoken. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PS, give my regards to professor Yaffel!

11. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

I thought that last payment of Bushmills was supposed to stop you mentioning that!

12. alanS

alanS Well-Known Member

It would be wonderful and make things so much simpler if every man was called Alan and every woman was called, oh I dnno, Alana. That'd make things simple and I'd never forget anyone's name. :D

PS - Remember that Monty Python sketch and everyone was called Bruce? :D

13. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

No Bruce. Don't remember that one at.

Hey Bruce, do you remember the Monty Python sketch where everyone was called Bruce?

:D

14. alanS

alanS Well-Known Member

No Bruce, I don't, but maybe Bruce will remember that one...

Bruce...

15. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

It's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum....your majesty.

16. 9pins

9pins Well-Known Member

But what if the person's real name identifies them as someone who is rich and/or famous and as such they wish to remain anonymous?

I mean I definitely don't want people to refer to me as your Lordship etc, on here I am just one of the boys.

H.R.H. The Duke of .......

(9pins)

17. alanS

alanS Well-Known Member

I see your point...

I wouldn't want everyone to know who I really am, or how great my legs are...

18. BigWill

...............and I certainly don't want to get the girls all in a lather by admitting that I'm really George Clooney! :eek: :D ;)

BigGeorge

19. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

It doesn't matter, after all we call David Steele David. So what's a mere jumped up H.R.H. ?

20. BigWill

..................only his closest friends are allowed to call him David......................the rest of us respectfully refer to him as "your majesty" or "your Steeliness" :eek: :D ;)

BigWill