1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

I now know what I would miss most

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by Stephen Rundle, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Having just bought for pleasure a Canon D30, D60 and 10D with a couple of lenses I really appreciate Auto focus now, not that they do not have it but WOW! is it s l o w.

Also IS, how did I hold my lenses still at 300mm :) and remembering to shoot at or above the guide of 300mm 1/500th etc

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Stephen, Canon digital SLR cameras have the Number followed by the letter D e.g. EOD 30D
    Nikon digital SLR cameras have the letter D followed by a Number e.g. D500
    There was a Nikon D60 but, according to the Nikon UK site, never a D30 or a D10.
    I used a Nikon AF-S 24-70 f2.8 on an F5 and realised just how good AF has become, back in 1996 I thought the F5 was fast.

3. Stephen Rundle

==========================================================
    "GeoffR, post: 1634773, member: 3866"]Stephen, Canon digital SLR cameras have the Number followed by the letter D e.g. EOD 30D

Nikon digital SLR cameras have the letter D followed by a Number e.g. D500

There was a Nikon D60 but, according to the Nikon UK site, never a D30 or a D10.

I used a Nikon AF-S 24-70 f2.8 on an F5 and realised just how good AF has become, back in 1996 I thought the F5 was fast"
    =========================================================

I have been criticized all my life by people so have learned to get my facts 100% as often as possible before posting ! :( :( :(

Having just bought for pleasure a Canon D30, D60 and 10D the next after the D60 so as not to clash with Nikon where they swapped the letter from one side to the other

Image2.jpg
    60.jpg
    Image1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

My apologies Stephen, I have no real interest in Canon and had never heard of a D30 however, is the 60 a D60 or 60D? I never suggested that the 10 was anything other than a 10D.

5. Stephen Rundle

????

Really, and the apology is appreciated and most rare, thank you

LOOK at the photographs

You did imply

"There was a Nikon D60 but, according to the Nikon UK site, never a D30 or a D10." After all I never mentioned Nikon at all :)

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They (D30 and D60) are really old. The first mass market Canon’s were the 10D and 350D and the SLRs have followed that naming convention since.

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

You did, just not here.
    Sorry thread drift!

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

10D and 300D, actually - the 300D was the first DSLR under £1000.
    The D30 was Canon's first self-developed DSLR. I bought one for £30 a couple of years ago - original price was something like £2300. For 3MP. The D60 was a 6MP, the 10D the same but in an improved body. The 10D was my first DSLR.

9. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

When they first came out we had several Canon 300 dSLRs at the last school I was at before retiring years ago. One of the last things I bought from my photo budget.

10. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Ok
    Back to tooic
    For me it’s a combination of instant play back, AF, IS and a seemingly endless supply of frames left
    No way could I go back to 36 exp
    Wait a week for results, straining my eyes for focus and at the same time trying to hold the damn thing steady!!

Nope, not a chance

EightBitTony likes this.