1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never know where to post images

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Stephen Rundle, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

I am a member of the Disabled Photographers Society (UK) and recently went in for the monthly competition "Nature"

Never having done any "nature before, just the odd bird, there is nothing to do with the theme "at home Nature" :( :( :(

So I thought I bought the Kenko tubes way back and have never used them, attached to my Nikkor 24-120 all I can think of is a leaf.

This macro stuff is quite interesting. I have no interest in bugs because I don't have the patience but other macro is fun.

Using my home made light box

Dscn0616.jpg DSC_0996 small.jpg

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

For discussing macro, or nature in general, I think here is fine. The shot won't get critiqued (Appraisals), or especially admired (Exhibitions).

How did it do?

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

It is just a monthly comp, for members, nothing special, really it isn't a competition, it is sort of a................... err................ monthly entry thing

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I really enjoy macro photography but probably more from an 'arty' 'let's try to make it look like something it's not' way than from a natural history perspective. Nature at home could be all sorts. Daddylonglegs, buttercups/daisies, leaves, blades of grass, cobwebs, dandelion heads, a feather.

If you're wondering where to put images on here, I go with

appraisal if you are interested in other people's opinions on how to improve it or to hear alternative approaches
    exhibition if you're pleased with it and just want to share it
    talking pictures if you are interested in discussing the type of image/genre/inspirations from other people.

That's just my very general interpretation.

EightBitTony and Stephen Rundle like this.
  5. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

As Geren has said above.
    You could also try focus stacking (as below). I do loads of macro and have recently tried adding stacking to my armoury. I know nothing about your disability of course but I reckon that if you can do what we see above then stacking should be within your compass. It's fun too.

MickLL

upload_2020-6-8_12-56-48.jpeg

6. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I put this on another thread a week or two ago, but it may of interest here too. I was using an ancient (20+ years old) Tamron 90 mm macro on an APS-C (half frame) DSLR body, outside and handheld. The light was good enough (bright overcast) to allow me to use 1/500 second shutter at F 8 and ISO 200.

A dandelion just before all its seeds blew away.

DT IMGP4185A.jpg