1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just saw it

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by james6, Oct 3, 2021.

1. james6

james6 Well-Known Member

Russell.jpg Walking back to pick the car up. My son stood to take in the view,

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Certainly a good view! I think I find the image a bit cluttered with a fight between the foreground and the background view. My eye goes across the frame to the figure and out of the right hand side.

james6 likes this.
  3. james6

james6 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. Yes. I was tempted to centrilise the figure but I didn't want to block the view that was attracting the figure and I liked the splash of colour of the clothes against the view. But of course it does lead the eye.

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to crop the bottom to remove the car bonnet and clone out the crane.

dream_police, El_Sid and james6 like this.
  5. james6

james6 Well-Known Member

Yes. Its worth a bit of time I think. This is straight shot from a mobile phone so I will probably have a play with it. It was taken late Saturday.
    Cheers.

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I think it is better as part of a set on some kind of subject, or illustrating a point. Need to be able to see the point of it before any tinkering has relevance. The depth of field (I know it was a phone) sort of implies the background is the point and the figure just an observer.

james6 likes this.