1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel betrayed..........

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by swanseadave, Nov 13, 2019.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

....by my nearest and dearest,viz:my elder son,Simon who has very recently embarked on a Masters course in media at Swansea University.
    Why so?well he`s bought himself a Canon7D to "assist"with his course work,and a 350D for my 9 year old grandson.

On the upside all my Minolta and Sony lenses and flashes are not going to be borrowed.

I must say the 350D was a bargain @ £30.It`s near mint and comes as a complete outfit including a Canon shoulder bag with a Sigma 16-55 and all accessories needed for learning this art of ours.

EightBitTony and daft_biker like this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Everyone sees the Canon light eventually.

NickM and Michael Smith like this.
  3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Obviously that explains my collection of Nikons

DaveM399 likes this.
  4. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

He did say eventually!

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

When the battery explodes and sets the local area on fire? :eek:

Well, who can afford proper Canon batteries... ;)

6. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

That is the trouble with the 7D... if you try one, you just have to have one.

7. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Really, the 7D was the worst Canon camera I bought. Probably didn’t suit my needs.

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That happened to me, but it was the 1Div I tried (and bought) the day I went to buy a 7D. Never pick up a 1 series!

EightBitTony likes this.
  9. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I guess it proves the "try before you buy" that we try to tell people looking for a new camera.

10. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The Canon EOS 1 series, like the Nikon single digit camera has maintained a common control layout for many years. It does mean that moving to the newer model is almost painless.

11. Michael Smith

Michael Smith Member

Hahahhaa, its okay. To each, his own. And the 7D is an an excellent camera!

12. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Oh I love the 7D
    Had 2, sold 1...bought another
    Says it all....

13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I would rather have liked a 350D of my own when I was nine years old. I am assuming that digital needs came with it.
    I made do with sharing my dad's baby bessa. At least I learned how to develop a film and even better use an enlarger and see the magic of an image developing in a dish.