1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

I actually WON something with REAL FILM !

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Nov 26, 2016.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Yes Folks -- Old pentaxpete got a 1st and the 'Portrait Goblet' in the Portrait Section and a 'Special Award' of Maltesers in the Landscape, Skyscape section of two PDI comps at Brentwood Photographic Club last night . I BEAT all the 'Digital Fakers' -- you should have seen their faces as I collected the awards from the Judge, Roy Essery MPAGB, Chairman of Colchester Camera Club. The PORTRAIT was taken on a feature for a local newspaper on my Asahi Pentax Electro-Spotmatic which I later sold to a Club Member who collected 'interesting Pentaxes' as it was the Japanese Home-Market version and could not be repaired in UK Available light, Kodak Tri-X fillum home-processed and printed on 10x8" which I scanned with my HP Scanjet 4570. Roy gave me the 'special award' for my 'London Skyscape' taken on my 'Gift' Minolta X-700 and outdated Fuji Velvia 50 rated 32 ASA and the 28mm Minolta lens off my SR-T100X in Kensington Gardens, London near the Princess Diana Memorial .I had been to the V&A Museum and walker up Exhibition Road to the Park.
    [​IMG]I WON Something !! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Keeping Warm by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]X-700 RVP London Sky by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Zou, abandonedbritain and daft_biker like this.
  2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Cheers,

R.

3. miked

miked Well-Known Member

I would also like to add a "well done" .

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Well done that man.

S

5. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Nice one! Congratulations, Pete.

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Well done Pete. thanks for sharing the maltesers as well ;)

7. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Very well done....

8. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Thanks to all -- appreciated !

9. kev123

kev123 Well-Known Member

Chapeau!

10. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

French for 'HAT' ???

11. kev123

kev123 Well-Known Member

That'll be Casquette I think, Chapeau can mean hat though

Chapeau is often used as a generic expression of approval and appreciation in parts of Europe: as a sign of admiration or respect, one shall indeed remove their cap

12. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Well done! its nice to get one over the Digital Pixalites..

13. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Well done. Did the judge comment on how well you had done the mono conversion?

14. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Enough of this titfer tat, please!

kev123 likes this.
  15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Well done!

I have heard 'chapeau' being used in a congratulatory manner before and always marvel at how the french word does indeed sound quite heartfelt and enthusiastic for the purpose. Calling 'hat' to someone on the other hand sounds quite sarcastic!

16. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Not worried at all about 'Chapeau' -- I was called worse things in the British ARMY by the Drill Sergeant --- !!
    PS -- The B&W scan I show HERE is NOT as GOOD as the one I entered -- this one was off my Flickr so I could reduce it down a bit and was done just after I got my HP Scanjet 4570 free and it scans dark tones too 'Grey' -- so now I got the hang of it better and did a better one from the 'TIFF File' stored in my HP Envym6

17. corncrake

corncrake Well-Known Member

CNV00002.jpg img600019.jpg CNV00002.jpg

18. corncrake

corncrake Well-Known Member

Hi folks...managed to post a shot of some where in Italy.
    by the way ...I agree with the Film rules ...bit it is making a come back..I use it now rather than diggy.

19. Freddie H

Freddie H New Member

Hi Pete,

I saw in previous posts you may be able to develop some 120 film ? I'm on Canvey island and in desperate need of a reel to be developed ?

Let me know if you can or have any other suggestions where I could possibly get this done.

Many thanks,

Freddie

20. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Freddie, sorry to but in, but in case Pete can't help, you may like to know that many branches of SnappySnaps can process 120 colour negative (C41 process) in the shop. Black & white & (I think - haven't used it myself) colour transparency (E6 process) they can do by sending it away.

Have a look at their website for branches near you:

https://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/

The site was down when I looked just now, but hopefully will be working when you read this.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!