1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I've tried it too, very briefly! I'm a bit further towards the Bridport end. Don't expect to do more than walk down to the water.

2. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I think I will STFU regarding today's weather. Anyway, as soon as I find my sunglasses, I'm off to lunch with friends. :D

Zou likes this.
  3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

7.8 degrees in the courtyard, "cloudy bright" in the immortal film-box phrase, giving way to sunny with a few clouds in the sky. Probably 8-9 degrees this afternoon. Due to touch freezing briefly tonight.

Cheers,

R.

4. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Peed down all night stoped now.....who cares!

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Weak bladder problems can be treated you know...

IvorCamera likes this.
  6. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Today at 10.32, Dull, darkish, dreary, depressing, dampish but not deteriorating. Oh, but what the heck: the joys of Christmas will chase the blues away.

7. IvorCamera

Birmingham, was peeing down, but now the sun is breaking through.......I cant go out yet though, I am all tied up!:)

8. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a bugger, ain't it?! :(

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yep. Got two hours to sit around waiting for lunch and nowt to do.

10. peterba

It's misty here - the kind of weather I like for photography - and I'd be very happy to be out doing that. However, I fear that - on my return - I might have to sew 'em back on. :eek: **

** courtesy Basil Fawlty

Zou likes this.
  11. peterba

Aren't you cooking lunch? I thought you were a bit of a chef, on the QT. Or have you been banished from the proceedings...? ;)

12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Please... In the oven at half eight. Might have to do the potatoes though, Mrs Zou has disappeared to watch Netflix, which I think is a subtle hint!

Catriona and peterba like this.
  13. peterba

Well, I reckon will be doing the potatoes. It's about the only thing that I would (somewhat immodestly) say that I actually do better than SWMBO. Amazingly, even she says so...!! o_O

Zou and Catriona like this.
  14. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Chesil Beach, far away in time?

Adrian

15. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Nice day here, sunny, about 8C, no wind and started with a very light frost. Nice long walk with family and the dogs.

16. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Dark overcast, paved areas wet from previous rain,hardly any wind, not bothered, ain't going out.

17. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Just done 18 miles on the bike. Weather dull with slight drizzle but quite mild and no wind.
    Bottle of Old Speckled Hen to quench the thirst then time to crack on with the sherry.....

Zou likes this.
  18. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

181225-Helensburgh-002.jpg
    Christmas Day 2018. Which is more than you can see down on the seafront.

181225-Helensburgh-001.jpg

gray1720, Andrew Flannigan and Zou like this.
  19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

You can keep the sunshine....I got mud and ice:)

_20181225_144018.JPG

The boys got a big bone from santa after that.:cool:

SqueamishOssifrage and Zou like this.
  20. IvorCamera

We had a great Xmas dinner, with cava and umteen bottles of wine, then a few brandies then we tried our hand at Irish coffee, then we sampled some of the liquid refreshments that was bought for us, we have now just finished our Xmas pud which appeared to be on fire so I tipped some white wine over it to put the fire out, and again the pudding tasted great...it's all gone foggy outside, it's quite foggy in here too.....

John Farrell, DaveM399 and Zou like this.