1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Our junior school boys' urinal did not have stalls like those in the cartoon. We didn't care. And it did not stop us reaching amazing heights. I guess that I could get higher up the wall as a ten year old than I could now.

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I remember my grandfather telling me about a similar arrangement in the shipyard with the lav being a plank over a ditch. The prank was to climb down into the ditch with a rag attached to the end of a pole. The rag would then be dipped and... well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

This toilet is fitted with Dolby
    Less hiss when you piss
    Less mush when you flush

daft_biker likes this.
  4. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Looking good for Christmas Day...
    weather.JPG

Catriona likes this.
  5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Our area has Mist predicted for the morning* - might be worth a stroll by the river for 'atmospheric' shots. And hypothermia!

* at the moment - they update the predictions hourly, so anything could happen between now and then...

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Having said that, we now have a Yellow Warning for fog until 11:00am tomorrow! :eek:

Catriona likes this.
  7. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Birmingham......Sunny, cold 5deg,

Catriona likes this.
  8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Windimere : cold bright and some unmelted frost from last night

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Ooh! Out you get tomorrow for some atmospheric shots! :)

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Already misty by the Thames down here - I was where I sued to live at about 4, and it rolled in like wave. I miss Port Meadow very much. If I get a mo later I will post a couple - the perils of being a bellringer is that Christmas is mighty busy!

Adrian

Catriona likes this.
  11. Catriona

6 degrees and light Westerly puff of a breeze. If I get a misty morning I'll be outside!! The turkey crown can wait.

12. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

NO!.....

13. Catriona

Tut, tut, tut. Why not?

14. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Murky, raining and mild in the Bride Valley.

Catriona likes this.
  15. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Here's a couple (of extremely rough edits!) from yesterday evening. For the uninitiated I used to live here, on the edge of Port Meadow in Oxford. It's 380-odd acres of water meadow still in common "ownership", and it does fun things in the weather. This is my favourite - it fills with mist from the river on one side and the canal on the other. It's thick ernough that you can get quite lost in it, but is only a few feet deep - sometimes you can walk round and see horses heads sticking out the top of it!

I have to say that yeaterday I realised just how much I missed it, but it was a case of being able to afford to buy...

Adrian

As it starts to roll in
    upload_2018-12-25_9-8-8.png

And about fifty minutes later at the limits of ISO400 (had to ring the bells for the Christmas Eve service in between, so no "between" shots).
    upload_2018-12-25_9-9-30.png

Zou likes this.
  16. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Wonderful!

17. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Beautiful and sunny yesterday with no wind, perfect day for winter cycling.
    This morning dull and dank.
    Will still go to out for a bike ride though.

Zou likes this.
  18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Murky and raining ATM, don't expect any change today, but maybe tomorrow I'll take a walk down to Chesil Beach. May take a camera with me.

peterba likes this.
  19. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I've tried walking on Chesil Beach once, and it was the most wearying steps I've made. Worse than on a sand dune. Can't remember which end we were, but perhaps close to the Swannery.

peterba and Zou like this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

3° now, due to be 6° or so after lunch when we'll take a wee stroll. Dry and cloudy, barely any wind, so also perfect for cycling, but social protocol insists I don't do that today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow...

peterba likes this.