1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Ha! As I poked my head out the back door, I thought the same. Reckon they'd be dry as soon as I pegged them on the line. :)

Getting bloomin cold though! Suppose I'd better check on my bins and see if they are still in situ.

Zou likes this.
  2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

It was nice and sunny here with 13℃ and a bit of a breeze but it has clouded over now.

3. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Wind has picked up and managed to get a couple of washes onto the line, and nothing has gone AWOL yet.

Catriona likes this.
  4. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

I left the house with my camera this afternoon when it was overcast, then began to rain just after 7 PM. I was experimenting with photograph in the rain at night, not sure how it's going to turn out, as I was trying something new.

Catriona likes this.
  5. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

The town lives up to its reputation - Sunny Bournemouth (dunno how long for though)

6. Catriona

It seems weird having a high pressure area over us along with severe storms.
    Grey and damp at present. Waiting for the gales to start.
    Thermos full. Second one waiting.

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

It was raining when I got there on Thursday!

8. Catriona

Wind making itself felt now. Must be going to be bad if we get an amber warning!
    I don't like it. :(

9. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Sun's gone back into hiding!

10. Catriona

Stornoway town is currently smack in the centre of the low. When it moves on, we will feel it I guess.

11. Catriona

Epic message so far on our local FB Noticeboard. If anyone has lost a shed roof, Alec managed to catch it and has put it in our shed.

SqueamishOssifrage and Footloose like this.
  12. Catriona

86mph gust here at 6pm. That was a bad one. I switched my heating off as the gas was roaring in the boiler. Thought it was safer to have an electric heater on instead.
    Can you tell I'm somewhat nervous?

13. Catriona

Now a gust of 92mph at 7pm. My bunjeed blue bin broke free. Won't need to go out on Wednesday then...

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oh dear. Only yellow warning down here and gusting at similar or slightly lower numbers but in km not miles.

Catriona likes this.
  15. Catriona

Apart from my blue bin going walkabout, my black bins have probably done the same. There's a chimney cowl outside my wall at the pavement. Not sure whose.
    It has been very nasty and scary.

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hope you can stay safe and home intact.

Catriona likes this.
  17. Catriona

I think it has definitely gone down a bit now, so hopefully safe. We'll see what morning shows us. A lot of damage being reported around the Islands. Bad one this.

18. Catriona

I've just seen there was a gust of 105 mph just up the road from me. No wonder things went flying.

19. Catriona

[​IMG]

Zou likes this.
  20. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Show-off !! (and sympathies to any adversely affected...) Hopefully the stones at Callanish are still standing!

Catriona likes this.