1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,

Nature photography is hugely popular, and there is always something more to learn. We've got the best photographers in this fascinating genre to share their tips and advice on the gear and techniques needed for stand-out shots, and inspire us with their wonderful images.

Whether you’re a beginner or intermediate photographer, and whether you're into flowers, insects or animals, you'll learn something new in this issue of 'Improve Your Photography' – and come away with your creative batteries fully charged.

Simply enter your details to receive your downloadable copy of 'Improve Your Photography – Nature'.

3. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Dismiss Notice

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Rather wet.

2. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Weather is predicted to be much the same as yesterday.

Still waiting on sunrise but skies are partly cloudy at the moment and temps are around -6°c

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Gone very cold. We are away overnight in the camper tonight and it is forecast to be in minus figures from 1900 tonight going down to -3 and then sleet/snow tomorrow. We will find out how good its heater is!

Zou, John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Have a cosy time! Hope you are not trying to traverse France. Ha!

dream_police likes this.
  5. dream_police

No. We are going to visit Chatsworth house. It has a campsite too, so thought we’d book a table in one of the walkable pubs and spend the night in the van.

Catriona likes this.
  6. DaveM399

Sunny but very cold in the NW wind. A bit of a shock after that spell of mild weather.

7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

The thing I love about mastiffs is the way they start digesting you with their saliva long before they get around to ripping your throat out. :D

A friend had one called Boris. He was a lovely dog, but the side of her car was streaked with slobber as he always had his head out of the window.

SqueamishOssifrage and Zou like this.
  8. dream_police

Sounds like my car when I take the wife on our European road trips.

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

The first time I borrowed the Subaru the owner's wife told me not to bother cleaning it before giving it back. When they saw Dexter's slobber down the back seat they let me clean it the next time. The side windows in the boot of my car seem to get the worst of it as he shouts at dogs in the streets.

Ps. My dad seemed to like those bird coasters you linked to a while back. Suspect his friends and other members of the family will get a giggle out them too:).

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  10. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

You need to get her a better fitting covid mask.;)

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Or chain her up in the boot:oops:.

12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Someone round our way has an Irish Wolfhound that hangs out of the back window of their crew-cab pickup. Quite disconcerting, especially when it tries to bite passing buses!

Zou likes this.
  13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

There was a heavy frost this morning and ice on the car windows. Our postman was still wearing shorts.

SqueamishOssifrage and Catriona like this.
  14. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

:eek:
    We definitely need a WTF smiley! :D

15. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Dull, not much wind, heavens forecast to open this afternoon

16. dream_police

Well, what a disaster that was! It was -4 by 10pm. The internal temperature of the van was 2 degrees and my inbuilt diesel heater (The same sort that are fitted in lorry cabs for overnight sleeping) decided to throw a fault and was not working. With only normal duvets (as we were expecting the central heating to be working) there was no way we could sleep, it was bloody freezing, so much so, our breathing caused the condensation on the windows to freeze. At 11pm we were on our way home. Luckily I only had 2 drinks in the pub so was OK to drive!

Zou likes this.
  17. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Lucky you were not in Scotland.

Zou likes this.
  18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh my! That brings back memories of young days before central heating - and with very cold winters. Poor you. Bet you were glad to get home. Warmed up yet?

19. DaveM399

I remember as a lad in our non-centrally heated house back in the 60`s, scraping the ice off the inside of my bedroom window.

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  20. dream_police

Just!

My first flat was the same. My bottles of cooking oil used to solidify in the kitchen. It was horrible.

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.