1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

You are lucky with daylight length! Currently 6 hours 27 minutes here, today. :(

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Call that snow? We get threatened with a couple of centimetres, which is far worse than yours. We aren’t allowed to go out, in case of severe death. Our shops run out of supplies as we never know when we’ll eat again. That is snow.

3. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Birmingham....4-15pm.....now peeing down!

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Good choice. Lot less messy than peeing up.;)

5. dream_police

But come on. You must have tried it at least once. How high can you go?

Or is that just me in my misspent childhood?

MJB and peterba like this.
  6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Probably not...
    [​IMG]

dream_police, Zou and DaveM399 like this.
  7. Pete Bony

Pete Bony Well-Known Member

Peeing down is no problem but peeing up is quite difficult at my age - Especially in the cold!;)

8. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Feelings of inadequacy?

[​IMG]

9. Pete Bony

Pete Bony Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to call that cartoon "Fading memories"!:)

10. dream_police

Certainly. Mike had obviously forgotten it was posted by someone else only 2 posts above his.:)

RogerMac and Roger Hicks like this.
  11. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

These posts remind me of a 'dangerous sport' that I participated in when I was young chap. Imagine, if you will, the gentlemen's toilet in The Prince of Wales pub on Abbey Hey Lane in Gorton - you walk into the room and you're facing the urinal which is a continuous trough that runs along all of the wall in front of you, turns at the corner and runs along half of the wall to your right. The flushing method for this trough is via a pipe which is suspended above the trough and also turns the corner along the shorter part of the trough to the right. The water feeds down into this pipe from a cistern which is at the very left corner of the long wall facing you.

Right - have you got this pictured in your mind? When the urinal automatically flushes, the water comes down from the cistern, into the pipe and shoots out through holes in the bottom of the pipe, starting directly below the cistern and, as the pipe fills, the holes start to rain down from left to right and then around the corner to your right, finally ending where the pipe ends with a stopper.

Well - somebody decided to remove the stopper from the end of the pipe at the very end of the run. Somebody else determined that it was possible (usually when full of Chester's Bitter) to wee up the open end of the pipe so that your wee came out through the flushing holes in the bottom of the pipe!

The challenge was to see how far along the pipe you could get your wee to go - you were starting at the end of the short part of the 'L' on the right wall. Some masters of the craft could get their wee to go around the ninety degree bend and onto the long wall that you faced as you entered the room. There were marks along that long wall with names appended to show the achievements of the various experts at this sport.

I said 'dangerous'. The danger here - aside from the obvious perils involved in regularly attending a pub in Gorton - was the automatic flush! The more successful you were at this challenge and the further along the pipe you could make your wee go, the less warning you had when the toilet automatically flushed! You had less warning to get out of the way before the pressure of the water cascading out of the cistern forced your own wee back along the pipe and shot it out with great force all over your trousers!

I must say at this point that I participated in this twice, never reached the point where my name was recorded on the wall for posterity, never fell-foul of the automatic flush and stopped completely when I witnessed a customer walking shamefacedly out of the gents with a massive wet stain all over the front of his trues and the odour of his own piss following behind him like a squirrel's tail!.

I just though I'd share that with you. In my defence, it was you lot that started talking about peeing - not me!

Cheers, Jeff

12. dream_police

A visit to A&E with your cock stuck in a pipe. “Well doctor, you’ll never believe what happened”!

Catriona likes this.
  13. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

The pipe was far too narrow for such a thing to occur...to me, anyway!

Cheers, Jeff

14. Catriona

Glad to say it's dry so far today!
    Don't expect that to last, but a nice sunrise this morning.

15. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Given the lavatorial turn things have taken, I've always found this one amusing.

When my late father was an Engine Room Apprentice in his 'teens, there was in one of the dockyards a set of lavatory cubicles with a common flush: basically, a constant stream of water flowing along under a row of thrones. Apparently a great trick was to get a lump of cotton waste; anoint it with a little diesel fuel; and drop it down the first loo. Cue many squeals as those downstream got their arses singed.

Health and safety at work, eh? Who needs it?

Cheers,

R.

16. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Came off the bike when I hit some black ice this morning. Thankfully I was on a greenway, not the road and no real damage done.

daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  17. Catriona

Glad to hear you are OK. Wind getting up here and darned cold!

beatnik69 likes this.
  18. Roger Hicks

Bright, sunny, blue sky -- and about 7 degrees.

Forecast until New Year's Eve: maxima 10 degrees +/- 4 degrees

Cheers,

R.

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

It's 9 degrees here at present but the wind is gusting to 50mph so windchill in effect! Brr!

Nice forecast for you!

20. Roger Hicks

Dear Kate,

Phew!

Cheers,

R.

Catriona likes this.