1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

A rare blue sky but not warm for August. It won't last and will cloud over before night. Which has been the depressingly normal state of affairs.

2. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Up in the Peak District yesterday was beautiful - T shirt weather with a bit of cloud before we returned to Bedford...where it was just cloud!

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Where n The Peaks were you?

4. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

We went to Hathersage for Mrs T to get some boots.
    We didn't really get out to womble, just parked up on the road near Wynats Pass and had a simple mile towards Speedwell Caverns. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any boots for myself, and the ones I have (together with the orthotics) kill my ankle.

We were going to do Mam Tor (had the dog with us) but Mrs T was Hangry, but didn't realise that the cure was pasties - pasties are a well known cure for stress :)

Was actually a fairly straightforward trip - 3 hours each way including a couple of stops for our eternal puppy to sniff and widdle on everything, but traffic was pretty good.

5. dream_police

Nice area. I am only a short drive to Castleton and Mam Tor. Spent many a day in that area and sledging with the kids in winter.

In fact, a lot of my driving lessons I gave the girls were in that area. Get them practising hill starts. Becky refused to drive up Winnats Pass though. Lol (which I assume you drove up)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Catriona, AndyTake2 and Learning like this.
  6. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

New indoor weather shopping experience in Glasgow

7. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Get her to the Lakes on a quiet day. Hardknott and Wrynose are great for practising hill starts!

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I spent much of the day spreading woodchip on a path through Gibbies wood in Rushcliffe Country Park. It was nice in the shade but warm and humid. It would have been more comfortable without a shirt but decorum rules.

10. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

When you're driving up Hardknott and some pillock coming down doesn't pull into a passing place to let you keep going :mad::mad:

11. dream_police

No need now. She’s 23 and passed her test 5 years ago

12. Ascu75 AKA Don Wood

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood Well-Known Member

I have my back to the window but Heather tells me that it’s cloudy and looks like rain.:eek:

13. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

A bit overcast but dry at home, a mile down the road on my way to work it started to rain, and it was like that all the rest of the way. Quite wet (and dark) at work too, yet it'so only a couple of miles in a straight line from home

14. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Fog.

15. dream_police

I’ve actually hung the washing out today to dry!

Whether it will or not remains to be seen.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Windy, threatened showers but they passed over. Autumn feel to it now.

17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Mine is dry and so's the washing...is yours?

Catriona likes this.
  18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Got a bit rained on on the way to the shops this morning. And sun-dried on the way back. :cool:

19. dream_police

Yep. Two loads of washing and the AirBnB bedding all dried outside in one day, which is a rarity.

spinno and Catriona like this.
  20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I spent my learning time either in West London or driving down to and around Devon. Hill starts were a doddle after that, though the new double roundabout in Ruislip was problematic. It was so new people were a bit tentative. On my test, a guy waved for me to go ahead, even though he had right of way. I did, saying to hesitate could cause problems! I passed!